FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Goin' To Cambridge Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys ... I'm picking up my new car in Cambridge this Friday at noon and need to get there after dropping off my rental car at Kipling and Evans in Etobicoke.

Dropping the rental car in Cambridge would cost 180, and a cab will cost $100 so I do have options I guess ... but if anyone here is travelling that way anyway, I'm prepared to pony up 40 or 50 bucks for gas money.

Thanks and cheers ... Ken.
i sure hope hope your not going to ridgehill.... nothing but bad experience there, atleast for me. cant you just drop the car off in cambridge and drive back in the new car? if you do it that way, i can likely give u a ride from the rental place in cambridge to the stealership as i work right by ford here
well like he said Jamie, it would cost him $180 to drop off his rental in cambridge as rental companys are very anal about having their cars returned to them.

I'd offer Ken if I was living in KW still..
Frost__2001,Jan 27 2009, 04:50 PM Wrote:well like he said Jamie, it would cost him $180 to drop off his rental in cambridge as rental companys are very anal about having their cars returned to them.

[right][snapback]280265[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Philip ... and yes, I'll take a cab before I do the rental drop-off thing.

Jamie: I don't care for Ridgehill for service either, but I've known the General Manager there for over 20 years and IMO you couldn't find a better person in the car biz than him ... that being said ... my new car is actually in Essex (towards Windsor) so it's being shipped to Ridgehill for me to do the Ford Credit paperwork.
I've PM'ed you Ken, let me know.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 27 2009, 05:05 PM Wrote:I've PM'ed you Ken, let me know.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]280267[/snapback][/right]
Exceptionally kind of you ... PM'd back.
ZTWsquared,Jan 27 2009, 10:12 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 27 2009, 05:05 PM Wrote:I've PM'ed you Ken, let me know.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]280267[/snapback][/right]
Exceptionally kind of you ... PM'd back.
[right][snapback]280269[/snapback][/right]

good luck with the car ken:D
ZTWsquared,Jan 27 2009, 04:04 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 27 2009, 04:50 PM Wrote:well like he said Jamie, it would cost him $180 to drop off his rental in cambridge as rental companys are very anal about having their cars returned to them.

[right][snapback]280265[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Philip ... and yes, I'll take a cab before I do the rental drop-off thing.

Jamie: I don't care for Ridgehill for service either, but I've known the General Manager there for over 20 years and IMO you couldn't find a better person in the car biz than him ... that being said ... my new car is actually in Essex (towards Windsor) so it's being shipped to Ridgehill for me to do the Ford Credit paperwork.
[right][snapback]280266[/snapback][/right]

What car did you get :)

and I had a Rental, and the company didn't mind that I dropped it off almost 2 hours away , our insurance company gave us an Enterprise car and told us its fine to drive it to Aurora from Georgetown and leave it at the enterprise next door to the dealer we bought the wagon from
i think i mite of read the original post wrong, my bad. well good luck on transportation and hope you love the new car! you should stop by and shoot the s*** friday if you dont feel like heading back immediately
ZTWsquared,Jan 27 2009, 04:04 PM Wrote:Jamie: I don't care for Ridgehill for service either, but I've known the General Manager there for over 20 years and IMO you couldn't find a better person in the car biz than him ... that being said ... my new car is actually in Essex (towards Windsor) so it's being shipped to Ridgehill for me to do the Ford Credit paperwork.
[right][snapback]280266[/snapback][/right]
Haha I was in Essex today, I could have dropped you off at Ken Knapp Ford you could have got it right from them. :ph34r:
Feral,Jan 27 2009, 06:22 PM Wrote:What car did you get :)

and I had a Rental, and the company didn't mind that I dropped it off almost 2 hours away , our insurance company gave us an Enterprise car and told us its fine to drive it to Aurora from Georgetown and leave it at the enterprise next door to the dealer we bought the wagon from
[right][snapback]280278[/snapback][/right]
Yup - it's Enterprise - tried negotiating with them every which way -- I got them down to $180 from 250 for a drop off charge -- uh, yeah, thanks a lot.

I took over the lease of a 2008 Fusion SEL, 2.3, 5-speed manual - not the car of my dreams but it was such an amazing deal ... the former lessee had put a down payment and so the payments are 282 per month ... plus I got a $4,000 incentive paid cash from the dealer - - 3800 after paying to have the car shipped.

So with that deal, and with the replacement value insurance rebate I'll get from Ford Credit (about $5,000), and then with the refund of my ESP -- LOL I'm walking away from this accident pocketing about $11,000 -- pretty ironic if you ask me.

BTW - if anyone is interested in a similar deal ... Ken Knapp Ford in Essex has a 2007 Focus available for a lease take over -- and the cash rebate is $8,500 - - yup.

Sparky - - I assume you were in the plant there - - was it the engine plant?

Edit: looks like that Focus lease take-over is gone - - I was going to post a link but it's not on the leasebusters.com website anymore.
ZTWsquared,Jan 27 2009, 09:28 PM Wrote:

Yup - it's Enterprise - tried negotiating with them every which way -- I got them down to $180 from 250 for a drop off charge -- uh, yeah, thanks a lot.

I took over the lease of a 2008 Fusion SEL, 2.3, 5-speed manual - not the car of my dreams but it was such an amazing deal ... the former lessee had put a down payment and so the payments are 282 per month ... plus I got a $4,000 incentive paid cash from the dealer - - 3800 after paying to have the car shipped.
[right][snapback]280294[/snapback][/right]

Now I really don't feel so bad about busting Enterprise's chops at the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal if negotiations fail <_<

Yeah but they (Steeda) have some nice go fast goodies for the 4 banger (including a turbo but I realize you wouldn't want to void the warranty already :P )

The V6 has surprisingly little (I will be doing most of them)

NefCanuck
ZTWsquared,Jan 27 2009, 09:28 PM Wrote:Sparky - - I assume you were in the plant there - - was it the engine plant?[right][snapback]280294[/snapback][/right]
No, I actually went to high school in Essex, I drove down for the day today to visit an old friend who lives a block from the high school. Ken Knapp is a block from the high school the other way.
ZTWsquared,Jan 27 2009, 09:28 PM Wrote:

So with that deal, and with the replacement value insurance rebate I'll get from Ford Credit (about $5,000), and then with the refund of my ESP -- LOL I'm walking away from this accident pocketing about $11,000 -- pretty ironic if you ask me.

BTW - if anyone is interested in a similar deal ... Ken Knapp Ford in Essex has a 2007 Focus available for a lease take over -- and the cash rebate is $8,500 - - yup.

Sparky - - I assume you were in the plant there - - was it the engine plant?

Edit: looks like that Focus lease take-over is gone - - I was going to post a link but it's not on the leasebusters.com website anymore.
[right][snapback]280294[/snapback][/right]

hheheheh leasebusters i used to work for them WAAAY back in the day when they were running out of a small building behind Royal Pontiac (now Addison) waaay in the days

I gotta say thats actually a nice car you grabbed :) I would of grabbed one like it but that car/any standard car to say the least won't be practical for the work I do unless I load the extractors and shopvacs in the back seats LOL
I own a commercial cleaning company and having to fill up my Aerostar kills my coffee funds so we use the wagon which is slightly less then half to fill compared to the fuel whore van and doesn't use as much LOL
This is why I keep getting Wagons the fuel mileage is insane even with the seats down fully loaded with equipment

Nah I busted Enterprises chops I said look I need to go down there either do it my way or you can deal with my insurance company who are the ones who rented it for me, frankly I hate the pile o crap and no offense I dun think this Versa can even go that far..(Sever pull to the left, wobbly wheel, shotty tranny that slips and a busted passenger seat that everytime you lean on the headrest it jabs a broken peice of plastic in my back) im taking it weather or less to Aurora if you don't agree I will tell you the gas station parking lot where I dump it and I will bring the keys back to Georgetown.. after they agreed we drove up and the place they told me to drop it off says NO DROP OFFS after hours, I called there 1800 number up told them off again and said im leaving the car at the back next to the White Focus Wagon sitting back there and the keys you can pickup at the dealers where I bought my replacement car

we would go for a lease but the payout on my 01 was more then I thought which landed me the 02 with money to spare including the buyout back of Wagon 1

My Old :( (Wagon 1 on the Left)
[Image: DSCF0001.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1749.jpg]

My New :) (Wagon 3)
[Image: Picture164.jpg]

Wagon 2 (Top of the driveway with the doors open)
And what Wagon 1 will be reborn in after I transplant absolutely every wire, controller, and piece including the full interior AND engine tranny into
[Image: DSCF1553.jpg]
Ken,
Five days out of the week I travel between Guelph/Toronto. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be leaving for the westend until 5 on Friday. A little late for you.
Shoot me a PM though if you decide to adjust your schedule.

Jeremy
j3rt,Jan 28 2009, 08:14 AM Wrote:Ken,
Five days out of the week I travel between Guelph/Toronto.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be leaving for the westend until 5 on Friday.  A little late for you.
Shoot me a PM though if you decide to adjust your schedule.

Jeremy
[right][snapback]280305[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Jeremy ... Daniel's got me covered ... and Sparky - - that's a long drive to visit for a day, even for an "old" friend - hope she's still hawt. ;)
ZTWsquared,Jan 28 2009, 08:10 AM Wrote:... and Sparky - - that's a long drive to visit for a day, even for an "old" friend - hope she's still hawt.  ;)
[right][snapback]280307[/snapback][/right]
Busted!! :lol:
going to the office in cambridge this friday.....gotta be there for 8am or something

if daniel can't, let me know

NikiterZTS,Jan 28 2009, 08:49 PM Wrote:going to the office in cambridge this friday.....gotta be there for 8am or something

if daniel can't, let me know
[right][snapback]280364[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Nik - appreciated. Cheers.