FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plasti-Dip CRAZY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i went a liitle crazy with some plasti-dip the other day, not sure if i will be keeping it this way but i figured i would throw up some pictures just for fun. There is one spot that I really messed up on .... youll probably be able to see it at the top left corner but hey it looks pretty decent for now. I like the fact that it blends the bumper in more. I might even go farther up with the plastidip , most likely go up across to were the windows are , and im thinking of doing the roof also. Feel free to leave comments/tips. I also sprayed the grill to get rid of the turnsignal lights , i have a euro grill on the way from the UK so looks pretty good until then.

so heres what she looked like without the Dip .
[attachment=610]

Heres with the dip applied
[attachment=608]

[attachment=609]
Me personally, back to silver, bumper painted silver, side strips silver and mirror caps silver. done and done, it will look nice and clean. Either that or finish the rest...

Looks like a front end collision repair to me given its current state.

+1. Looks like you hit a deer...
[quote='hardk0re' pid='245114' dateline='1346675111']
Me personally, back to silver, bumper painted silver, side strips silver and mirror caps silver. done and done, it will look nice and clean. Either that or finish the rest...

Looks like a front end collision repair to me given its current state

lol ya I was almost thinking the same thing , I'm most likely gonna try and get a quote to see we're I can get the bumpers painted but it was basically just a test to see how it would loOk
[quote='reldridge' pid='245116' dateline='1346684638']
+1. Looks like you hit a deer...
lol people have had mixed feelings guess it depends on your preference. I prob will end up painting the bumpers. Maybe you can try some dip on your rustSmile ^
To each their own, right? Smile

I don't think the Dip would stick to my rockers... Big Grin
(09-04-2012, 01:25 PM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]To each their own, right? Smile

I don't think the Dip would stick to my rockers... Big Grin

Actually it probably would ... but why bother when regular rocker guard does the job and is half the price and is probably less susceptible to damage from stones etc - and we know for sure that you can paint over the rocker guard if you want to match your paint colour.
Didn't we used to poke fun at guys driving around with duo paint schemes?
Put it back to silver.
Side question, doesn't the dip have a texture to it? And wouldn't it be a total nightmare to remove the stuff?
(09-05-2012, 11:00 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]Side question, doesn't the dip have a texture to it? And wouldn't it be a total nightmare to remove the stuff?

Short story - no and no.

It goes on like paint - and in that way is dependent on skill level and equipment used. To be sure it is in its native form a matte finish and it builds up much faster than regular automotive paint, so a lack of skill could easily result in a texturized finish - but that's not inherent to the material itself. You can go online and see whole cars done by professionals with Plasti Dip and it looks like a factory finish.

The real benefit is in fact the ability to easily remove it - relatively speaking - and to some degree that depends on how much is put on. But basically it pulls off and leaves the underlying finish exactly as it was - no chemicals and no abrasive techniques required. It takes a bit of time and effort, but certainly not like removing regular paint - that would be your nightmare.
P Dip the door to the window, rear quarter panels and bottom of the hatch and make it a complete two tone. If I knew P Dip would be so easy I would of kept the bumpers and done that myself I think it would look realy good.
(09-05-2012, 11:00 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't we used to poke fun at guys driving around with duo paint schemes?
Put it back to silver.
Side question, doesn't the dip have a texture to it? And wouldn't it be a total nightmare to remove the stuff?

lol , is that suppose to make me change it ? just cause you used to make fun of guys with diff color schemes.....? im considering putting it back to silver in the future when i get the funds but for now it looks decent , i did the top part of the window and the skirts so it does blend in more will post more pics soon.
(09-06-2012, 02:18 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]P Dip the door to the window, rear quarter panels and bottom of the hatch and make it a complete two tone. If I knew P Dip would be so easy I would of kept the bumpers and done that myself I think it would look realy good.

I did the top piece thats on top of the window... all the way to the back ... and i did the side skirts also.... gotta say looks much better than just the front. im thinking of even doing the rear bumper also and blending that in somehow but im having fitment issues due to the trailer hitch. Overall im loving the dip and the svt bumper makes a hell of a difference when it comes to looks. I will post more pics as i go along.
If you guys need a local source Garage 16.ca will be carrying them soon for about $16 bucks a can.

Plasti-Dip Link

[Image: PLASTIDIP-Pink-Blaze-2.jpg]
(09-14-2012, 10:37 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]If you guys need a local source Garage 16.ca will be carrying them soon for about $16 bucks a can.

Plasti-Dip Link

That's a really good price for the new Fluorescents - my guess is the demand will become high and the price will go up at some point - - good thing he has a pre-order list.
(09-14-2012, 11:45 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2012, 10:37 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]If you guys need a local source Garage 16.ca will be carrying them soon for about $16 bucks a can.

Plasti-Dip Link

That's a really good price for the new Fluorescents - my guess is the demand will become high and the price will go up at some point - - good thing he has a pre-order list.

Im probably gonna need some more , when i figure it out i will PM you.
By all means no need to go throught me. But tell Him Andrew Focus Sent you Wink