FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chugging between 2 and 3 thousand rpm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey my car seems to chug around between 2000 and 3000 when I step on the gas. I'm not complaining about lag, it jerks and you can sort of hear it in the exhaust note as well, any help anyone?!
Hmmm , it could be a number of things... what octane of gas are you using?.I had the same issue before , I remember a while back i got gas from a Husky gas station and my car started running horribly soon after. I would throw some fuel injector cleaner , maybe even some of this stuff from canadian tire called engine restore. Whenever i see that stuff on sale i grab some and throw it in... always helps. thats about all i would figure.

http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/0380...eviews.htm
Every gear? That isn't exactly your power band, but have you changed plugs, cleaned maf or plug wires? I would start with some routine stuff and go from there.
I have changed plugs but I guess I'll go clean my maf and try changing my plug wires, how would I go about cleaning the maf?
You can biy sensor safe cleaners are canadian tire etc... Usually use a q tip and cleaner or I think isopropyl alcohol but some body elsould verify incase my memory isn't as good as I think.

What did you gap the plugs to? That may impact your issue as well
(09-09-2012, 10:56 AM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]Hey my car seems to chug around between 2000 and 3000 when I step on the gas. I'm not complaining about lag, it jerks and you can sort of hear it in the exhaust note as well, any help anyone?!

So before 2000 and after 3000 everything is normal? I was going to mention the typical air filter, fuel filter service but you would expect it to get worse with higher revs.

Is this only with WOT or at any throttle position?
It's only when I step on the gas hard, I had a new fuel filter in a couple months back, and I'm running regular octaine from pioneer and petro usually and I did put injector cleaner in a couple tanks ago too, I have been thinking about cleaning my air filter or getting a new one
It could be your cat is clogged, shorty headers are notorious for killing stock cat converters
DPFE.
I'll put money on it.

(09-11-2012, 12:41 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]check your coil connectors:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=13248

What's the part he replaced it with? Pictures arnt showing
(09-11-2012, 03:25 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]DPFE.
I'll put money on it.

*Like*
DPFE?
yea its $130 at parts store :p just had to get one today lol
(09-14-2012, 09:12 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]yea its $130 at parts store :p just had to get one today lol

*ahem* - - no comment.

It's half that in the US - literally - - and perhaps 95-100 with freight and taxes etc
(09-14-2012, 11:32 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2012, 09:12 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]yea its $130 at parts store :p just had to get one today lol

*ahem* - - no comment.

It's half that in the US - literally - - and perhaps 95-100 with freight and taxes etc

Yes I know. But I was doing work on my car today so why not.
What is it? Lol
I found a youtube video for reference , I myself have never replaced this before... seems a little pricey just for a small piece of plastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaaLrIdDp4Y
Sweet, I'm going to crappy trash and other stores tomorrow and cleaning my Maf and tb this weekend , so that'll be done too
(09-14-2012, 11:39 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2012, 11:32 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]

*ahem* - - no comment.

Yes I know. But I was doing work on my car today so why not.

Awesome. BTW - I have some property I need to u̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ sell we should talk.Tongue
Pages: 1 2