FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: questions on Etests...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Finally got my project car timed and running properly. So now its onto the next step...the lovely Etest.

In this build I deleted the EGR system, and currently have 2 catalytic converters on my exhaust. One stock one, and one aftermarket magnaflow welded just after my flex pipe for when I install the turbo.

So my question is, a. will the egr effect the etest?
b. Will the two catalytic converters effect it as well?
Taylors car passed w/ egr turned off in tune. Just warm car up good before you get there
mines not turned out with the tune though. Just deleted.
I believe that the visual inspection may be the problem. All emission components should still be on the car to pass.
Since when do we have visual inspections? Its always been hook er up to the sniffer and pass or fail. I never see economy lube do a visual when I need one done for anything
On all my tests EGR was set as N/A in the inspection, so I don't think all places look for it.

At crappy tire they check everything. I wish there was a shadey place that would look the other way so i dont have to put the stock header and cat on when i go
The only places that will go nuts, are ones who want to make money on parts to pass it obviously
(09-13-2012, 10:44 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]The only places that will go nuts, are ones who want to make money on parts to pass it obviously

Yup - the place I use is a Pennzoil fast lube place; they couldn't sell me any parts if they wanted to. I think the last time I went there they didn't even raise the hood or look under the car; car on dyno, put in the sniffer, run 'er up, print out results; PASS = less than 2 minutes.
will they run the etest with the check engine light on??? thats another problem i have right now too lol
Yea mine passed with it on.
(09-14-2012, 09:02 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea mine passed with it on.

Wow that's good to know (and I'm surprised) ... did they even mention it to you?
Yea they were like you check engine light is on and you need new tires lol. This was at crappy tire so im surprised it passed.It also said something about it on my copy of the test.