FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: shaking from 100- 140kmh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do alot of highway driving(above 100kmh) and steering wheel shakes quite a bit , it doesnt make any noise it just shakes. What could it be? My first thought of what it could be is my tires and my alignment , I need new tires and my alignment is off because I did the tierods not to long ago, im waiting to do the alignment until I get new tires. So yea any ideas? I did hit a big wild turkey so maybe it could have knocked something lol
(09-22-2012, 09:52 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]I do alot of highway driving(above 100kmh) and steering wheel shakes quite a bit , it doesnt make any noise it just shakes. What could it be? My first thought of what it could be is my tires and my alignment , I need new tires and my alignment is off because I did the tierods not to long ago, im waiting to do the alignment until I get new tires. So yea any ideas? I did hit a big wild turkey so maybe it could have knocked something lol

Could be almost anything that needs replacement in the suspension (I think we talked about that when discussing your new springs and dampers) ... but tires and alignment are likely suspects.

Don't wait too long to take care of it though because in addition to being annoying that shaking is doing damage to virtually everything else in the front end.
sounds to me, you need a wheel balance.

if your alignment specs are out, car will pull to either side or have uneven tire wear.
Once you get new tires and they're aligned and balanced properly... Keyword there is properly lol all your shaking should go away. I do a lot of commuting so I've had it happen 3 times to me already and sure enough it was just tires, balance and alignment issues over time.

Rarely will it be something to do with your suspension. If it is your balls joints or tierods the tire shop will tell you when you go in for your alignment. Again. Known by experience lol