FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's Been A Long While
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks, I haven't been here in a while, hope all are well.

With the change in our family situation, my wife Karen recently purchased a Ford Escape Limited, leaving my Chrysler Pacifica Limited with no real use to us. This gave me the opportunity to remove the Pacifica from our fleet so that I could get something else to drive (manual, no Auto). You guys that know me, know that I'll hardly every drive it. :woot:

Agenda was to find a small performance car for under $25G's (CANADIAN DOLLARS). It boiled down to either a used 2008 Caliber SRT4 or a brand new 2009 Cobalt SS (4 door). Chrysler had no available rebates on the 09 SRT4, but did have low interest rate financing. GM on the other hand, had 0% financing (with stipulations, front the cost for tax and any deficit on your trade), or bank financing with GM $4000.00 (CANADIAN DOLLARS) cash rebate. In the end, I got this SS for just over $23G's (CANADIAN DOLLARS) and paid tax only on the difference between my trade and this car. For an extra $15.00 per payment (CANADIAN DOLLARS), I got a 7 year 60k km warranty. I figured, might as well, because it's cheap insurance, and it is a bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years.

Here's a couple of pics from this evening, as it stood outside the dealer showroom. As it stands, it's one of the only white Cobalt SS 4 doors in our province. (Was the only one listed in GM's Inventory)

[Image: 100_1524.JPG]

[Image: 100_1526.JPG]

[Image: 100_1523.JPG]

[Image: 100_1522.JPG]

And here are a couple pics of the other cars, Dodge SRT4 and Ford Contour SVT.

[Image: 100_5872.JPG]

[Image: 100_5833.JPG]

[Image: HPIM0775.JPG]

[Image: HPIM0779.JPG]
Lookin good Chris, always loved your SVT during my time on the Contour boards, 2 turbos and 1 supercharger now..perhaps time for a nice Nautilus kit :P ...I like the Cobalts though, pretty fast and with a few clean simple mods they look killer, especially white :D
i dontsee any pic
Welcome back Chris ... the Welcome section is basically non-functional in terms of quotes or links etc ... if you want to see the pics Chris will have to repost the links in another thread or you can copy and paste the URL into your browser.

So do you still have a Contour or are you out of the Ford biz now?
ZTWsquared,Jan 25 2009, 07:04 PM Wrote:Welcome back Chris ... the Welcome section is basically non-functional in terms of quotes or links etc ... if you want to see the pics Chris will have to repost the links in another thread or you can copy and paste the URL into your browser.

So do you still have a Contour or are you out of the Ford biz now?
[right][snapback]280140[/snapback][/right]

I still have the Contour SVT and still doing business with some Ford customers. I posted in the Ontario section so that the pictures will show.

Thanks.