FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fan on randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok , so ive noticed this for a while now and im not actually sure if its a problem ... ever since i got my tune done i hear my fan cycling more and more.... usually when it gets a little bit hotter outside but sometimes ill start the car cold and the fan will turn on right away... not sure if this is normal or not. Someone told me it has something to do with the thermostat ? note - the temperature gauge in the car is normal.
(09-28-2012, 11:30 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]Ok , so ive noticed this for a while now and im not actually sure if its a problem ... ever since i got my tune done i hear my fan cycling more and more.... usually when it gets a little bit hotter outside but sometimes ill start the car cold and the fan will turn on right away... not sure if this is normal or not. Someone told me it has something to do with the thermostat ? note - the temperature gauge in the car is normal.

One of the parameters that you can change using the XCal tuning device (and others) is the temperature at which the low and high speed fan comes on and it's possible that whomever wrote your tune changed that setting from stock.

Which tuner do you have and who wrote the tune?

In any event, it's more than likely nothing to worry about.
I have the Xcal 2 , it was done by Pat at Steeda .
well theres your problem...haha
Everyone says bad things about Pat lol ... i havent had any issues with him and hes done three cars for me.