FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 05 Focus Se Vs Ses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it seems like we might go back to a focus afterall :)

Wife doenst like the Freestyle. Says it uses too much gas and she is always stuck in traffic in 401 so she doesnt need anything bigger then a 4cyl econo. Also since Isabelle is over 1 now, we don't need as much as space we needed when she was yonger, specially the child seat.

So my question now is what are the major diff between 05 SE vs SES

I'm not sure if i should get SES. She doesnt care for any of the luxury stuff. She just wants cloth seats, heated seats would be nice. I was thinking of ZX5, but it doesnt have much of trunk space so ZX4 it is.

So can someone please run me the differences between the two models and hopefully i can decide then.

Thanks so much. MoMo
Hay now; these are the extras the SES will have compared to the SE model.

SES
21mm front sway bar
20mm rear
16 wheals
ABS, tracation control (standard)

SE
No tachometer
18mm front sway bar, no rear bar
15 inch wheels
ABS is an option, I guess traction control would be to.

I don't know for sure if all SES come standard with heated seats and mirrors so someone else will have to chime in. They all use the same Duratec 2.0 engine.

Hope that helps.
S

Optional:
Automatic
Safety Package - ABS with tracation control, Side Airbags
Air Conditioning

Standard Features:
Convience package - Power Trunk, Power Locks, with remote entry
Vanity Mirrors
Am / Fm stereo Cd Player
Driver and passenger Air bags
15" Bolt on wheels, with unique covers (same as the SE)
2.0 Duratec engine

SE

Optional :
Automatiac
Sunroof
Power Package - Power Windows, Power Mirrors
Convenience pakage - Tilit / telescope steering wheel, Criuse Control
Street Apearance Package - Sport Spoiler, alloys, and unique front and rear bumpers, 15" Sport alloys, leather wraped steering wheel & Tachometer
Sport Package - Spoiler, Tachometer, 15" multi spoke alloys, bright tip exhaust, leather wraped steering wheel.
Front Side Airbags
ABS, tracation control
Am / Fm 6 Disc CD player Stereo with MP3 with AUX jack
Am / Fm 6 Disc CD player Stereo with MP3 with AUX jack & Audiophile

Standard features:
Power locks
Air conditioning
Am / Fm Stereo CD player
keyless entry with remotes
power trunk lid
front driver and passenger airbags
Cloth Interior, with vanity mirrors
15" wheels with bolt on covers
2.0 Duratec engine

SES

Options:
Automatic
Sun Roof (comes alone or with the luxury package)
Luxury package - heated Leather seats, sun roof
Power Package - Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Criuse Control, Tachometer
Convenience pakage - Tilit / telescope steering wheel, duplecated audio controls
Sport Package - Spoiler, Tachometer, 16" alloys, bright tip exhaust, leather wraped steering wheel, silver interior accents.
Street Apearance Package - Sport Spoiler, alloys, and unique front and rear bumpers, leather wraped steering wheel, 16" Alloys
Cold Weather Package - Heated Seats, Heated mirrors
Front Side Airbags
Am / Fm 6 Disc CD player with MP3 with AUX jack & Audiophile
SAT/Nav - Offered in the US, but it was a $2100 option in Canada and dealer installed.

Standard Features:
Power locks
Air conditioning
Am / Fm CD player with MP3 with AUX audio jack
keyless entry with remotes
power trunk lid
front driver and passenger airbags
Colour Key Door Trim, and Matching Trunk Trim
16" Alloy Wheels
ABS, tracation control
Luxury Cloth Interior with vanity mirrors
Front & rear floor mats
2.0 Duratec engine

these are all the options / standard features that came on all the 2005 - 2007 focuses when new, so used could have any of those combos for options, but I know for a fact a fully loaded SES can and dose sell for about the same as a base model Focus.
Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 06:25 PM Wrote:Street Apearance Package - Sport Spoiler, alloys, and unique front and rear [right][snapback]280123[/snapback][/right]
the SAP wasnt an option until 06

my 05 SE came with

Tilt steering, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Criuse Control, and Tachometer
16"s
rear sway bar

no abs or traction control though
thanks so much for all the replays.

So would SE have cold package option?

I would really prefer to have cloth with heated seats+mirrors. Traction control and ABS would be nice to have as well, but not nessasary. With snow tires, my 03 didn't use traction control that often.

I've seen couple of cars in Adesa and it seems the SE's come with rims+heated seats. Not sure about other options. I guess i have to look at them more closely.

Frost, hurry up and post the pictures of cars in Adesa so i can see them :) none of the 05's have pictures up yet :)
castone,Jan 25 2009, 01:50 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 06:25 PM Wrote:Street Apearance Package - Sport Spoiler, alloys, and unique front and rear [right][snapback]280123[/snapback][/right]
the SAP wasnt an option until 06

my 05 SE came with

Tilt steering, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Criuse Control, and Tachometer
16"s
rear sway bar

no abs or traction control though
[right][snapback]280124[/snapback][/right]

Like I said in the bottom of my post those are all options from the 2005 to 2007 model years I never said they were all offered in 2005, it's just those options were available on that series in that facelift generation
mo_focus,Jan 25 2009, 02:01 PM Wrote:thanks so much for all the replays.

So would SE have cold package option?

I would really prefer to have cloth with heated seats+mirrors. Traction control and ABS would be nice to have as well, but not nessasary. With snow tires, my 03 didn't use traction control that often.

I've seen couple of cars in Adesa and it seems the SE's come with rims+heated seats. Not sure about other options. I guess i have to look at them more closely.

Frost, hurry up and post the pictures of cars in Adesa so i can see them :) none of the 05's have pictures up yet :)
[right][snapback]280125[/snapback][/right]

Adesa never photo's Ford Cars until it's been flagged up for a sale, and it's only photoed after it's been clean, or unless it's a certen case like a late arrival (dealer car) or repo.

I know we've been getting a tonn of 2006 - 2007 early lease returns, as I've been working the gate where all the incomming cars are, and I have seen a few 2007's with less then 20,000 kms on them with various options. Speaking of we had a silver 2007 SES Automatic Focus with all the new Ford wrapping on the car still with 85 kms on it, that sat on a dealership lot and never sold.

if you come to the Ford sales, you can pick up an 2008 or 2009 Focus SES cheap as they are ex rentals, ford test cars, or Ford Employee fleet / press cars, and they can have anywhere from 7 to no more then 50,000 kms.
Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 07:56 PM Wrote:[if you come to the Ford sales, you can pick up an 2008 or 2009 Focus SES cheap as they are ex rentals, ford test cars, or Ford Employee fleet / press cars, and they can have anywhere from 7 to no more then 50,000 kms.
[right][snapback]280128[/snapback][/right]

I can't go to Ford only sales. I usually go to wednesday open dealers only sales. We usually get the retards that dont get sold at Ford only auctions :)

I'm looking to spend around 5-6 for 05. I dont want to spend anymore then that. Since the wife lost job too, we have to be careful with $ until she gets something else.
i dont know how it was in 05 but my 07 SE didnt have traction control as an option. kinda sucks how the 4door came with all the goodies.
Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 08:49 PM Wrote:Like I said in the bottom of my post those are all options from the 2005 to 2007 model years I never said they were all offered in 2005, it's just those options were available on that series in that facelift generation
[right][snapback]280127[/snapback][/right]

Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 06:25 PM Wrote:these are all the options / standard features that came on all the 2005 - 2007 focuses when new, so used could have any of those combos for options, but I know for a fact a fully loaded SES can and dose sell for about the same as a base model Focus.
[right][snapback]280123[/snapback][/right]
castone,Jan 25 2009, 05:32 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 08:49 PM Wrote:Like I said in the bottom of my post those are all options from the 2005 to 2007 model years I never said they were all offered in 2005, it's just those options were available on that series in that facelift generation
[right][snapback]280127[/snapback][/right]

Frost__2001,Jan 25 2009, 06:25 PM Wrote:these are all the options / standard features that came on all the 2005 - 2007 focuses when new, so used could have any of those combos for options, but I know for a fact a fully loaded SES can and dose sell for about the same as a base model Focus.
[right][snapback]280123[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]280134[/snapback][/right]

but again those are the options that were available in that generation of focus, if you wanted me to break it down by year, it would have been a longer post as it was easier to list was was available by generation rather then year by year.
I was just clarifying that the 05 year didn't come with the sap, so he wouldn't try looking for one. ;)