FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Air Bag Light On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone. Saturday morning the air bag light came on and now stays on. Is there any way to get a code form the OBD2 port. I have a reader but it says not codes. I'm going to disconnect the battery and see if it comes back. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks

2000 zx3 , auto, 115000km

Ryan
Well I connected the battery back up and started, still there. Looking around the net RCM module comes up. Restraint control module. Anyone replaced one before? Or now the Price of a new one?

Ryan
DRyanC,Jan 25 2009, 11:48 AM Wrote:Well I connected the battery back up and started, still there. Looking around the net RCM module comes up. Restraint control module. Anyone replaced one before? Or now the Price of a new one?

Ryan
[right][snapback]280118[/snapback][/right]

I got one in the US for Andrewnd (SVT with side air bags) - not sure if he's installed it yet - I can get you one for a lot less than a dealer here -- but it would take a couple of weeks - only works if you're not in a real hurry.

First things first - what year and do you have side airbags?

Edit: never mind -- I see it's your 2000 and IIRC they didn't have side airbags available then.

I'll PM you with price and availability.
That would be cool if you can get me a price. The part# is 98AG-14B056 BF. I'm considering selling the car and finding a wagon for the wife.

Ryan
DRyanC,Jan 25 2009, 06:56 PM Wrote:That would be cool if you can get me a price. The part# is 98AG-14B056 BF. I'm considering selling the car and finding a wagon for the wife.

Ryan
[right][snapback]280137[/snapback][/right]

The 98AG says Euro to me ... but the 14B056 is indeed an Airbag Diagnostic module for without side air bags ...

As far as I can tell the NA part number you want is YS4Z14B056BB - I'll have a price for you tomorrow.
that was the part# on the part itself. And how about a plastic piece part# YS4X-A04712ABW and possibly continuing with 44ZG-2479. I broke the tabs off removing it. Again Thanks

DRyanC