FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Rs Production Starts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In SVT enthusiast they said to cut cost for Canada/US we may get the RS (SVT) with the new ECO-Boost 4cyl instead of the 5cyl, most likely around 240hp.
david
If the RS is available and comes in white....where do I sign

i bet it will be over 40k if we get it
he said 25,000 pounds...thats like over 50 grand. id sooner get a STi with AWD for the same/less money. even though i love my fofo to death.
our economies are different you cant just convert it like that. there are some porsche cars over there that if you did that with they would be 200k and they are 120k here it just doesnt work
if it gets here, it will be bit cheaper than sti/evo..
With the Volvo engine or the Eco Boost Ford engine, the car will still kick arse and take names, even stock.

I would be interested in buying one, but I also really like what Ford has done with the 2nd Gen Fusion, and what they plan to do with them as far as a performance variant goes...
I'm not doing anything for a couple of years, but the market will be interesting to watch as the first RSes get off lease. :D
konafocuswrc,Jan 24 2009, 08:45 PM Wrote:if it gets here, it will be bit cheaper than sti/evo..
[right][snapback]280103[/snapback][/right]

guys, its competition is not the STi or evo. Why do you guys keep comparing them?

The RS would comepte against the Mazda3speed, the wrx, cobalt ss, etc.

RS would start out around 32-35k here.
Flofocus,Jan 26 2009, 06:56 AM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Jan 24 2009, 08:45 PM Wrote:if it gets here, it will be bit cheaper than sti/evo..

guys, its competition is not the STi or evo. Why do you guys keep comparing them?

[right][snapback]280179[/snapback][/right]

People compare the two because of WRC but here the competion Would be like you said Cobalt SS, Mazdaspeed 3, Caliber SRT4, Mini Cooper S and I'll even throw the GTI into that mix
umm cobalt ss, it is not even close to rs..
cobalt ss is more like to svt..or st in europe..

if rs comes with ecoboost 4 cyl here instead of volvo 5 cyl, then it is comparable..
konafocuswrc,Jan 27 2009, 12:48 PM Wrote:umm cobalt ss, it is not even close to rs..

if rs comes with ecoboost 4 cyl here instead of volvo 5 cyl, then it is comparable..
[right][snapback]280256[/snapback][/right]

SVTF is definitly not close to Cobalt SS...........have you seen the power numbers for both?

maybe svtf wins in suspension mode but other then that i don't know.......looks too i guess
Ive driven a cobalt SS and I can tell you that my Focus is a better car overall and as in Motortrend in 2005 comparing the Colbalt and the SRT-4 they metioned that the 3 Year Old SVT could still contend with those cars especially on a track where HP is not the only thing that matters. So they are definately close and the RS shoud be much better than the Colbalt. But the Colbalt is also 4 years old now.
David
i love the blue of the first one of the line.
i was thinking of an sti, but if we get the RS, I'd take that hands down.
NoiSeeVT,Jan 27 2009, 04:55 PM Wrote:Ive driven a cobalt SS and I can tell you that my Focus is a better car overall and as in Motortrend in 2005 comparing the Colbalt and the SRT-4 they metioned that the 3 Year Old SVT could still contend with those cars especially on a track where HP is not the only thing that matters.  So they are definately close and the RS shoud be much better than the Colbalt.  But the Colbalt is also 4 years old now.
David
[right][snapback]280276[/snapback][/right]

You should really re-read and think of which Cobalt SS we are talking about here.

(hint: it's not supercharged model)
TobyThePlatypus,Jan 27 2009, 07:19 PM Wrote:i love the blue of the first one of the line.
i was thinking of an sti, but if we get the RS, I'd take that hands down.
[right][snapback]280289[/snapback][/right]

Why would you say that without test driving both? Bias much?
The 06-07 STis are worth it (used) if you want a "true" STi. If you want anything newer, given what they did with the engine/suspension in the 08+ lineup... get the WRX265. Apparently Canada is the only N.A. market to have both the 224HP and the 265HP WRX models.

For day to day driving, get a 05-07 WRX :)
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 28 2009, 11:14 AM Wrote:The 06-07 STis are worth it (used) if you want a "true" STi. If you want anything newer, given what they did with the engine/suspension in the 08+ lineup... get the WRX265. Apparently Canada is the only N.A. market to have both the 224HP and the 265HP WRX models.

For day to day driving, get a 05-07 WRX :)
[right][snapback]280315[/snapback][/right]

lol. you guys kill me.

265 vs 225 vs 300...were talking a small tune away form matching any of those numbers. Slap an sti turbo and tune on a 06-07 wrx and youve got sti numbers, easy as that.

I laugh at the guys that think theyre ahead with the 265's....a stage 1 tune on a 06 will give you more than that. Sure you can do the same on the 265's but your still limited with the 5 speed tranny, the 06 and 08 5 pseed will take the same amount of abuse.

The only advantage as far as Im concerned that the sti has over the regular WRX is the stronger 6 speed tranny. If your looking for a relaible 400whp machine, you'll need the sti tranny. You want something below that, you should be ok with the 5 speed. I dont know many guys running around with 400whp sti's though, most are happy with the stock 300.

Quote:umm cobalt ss, it is not even close to rs..

The cobalt ss can be compared much more accurately with the rs than the svt.

And LOL to the guys saying their focus is better than a cobalt ss. :rofl:

The cobalt ss would do circles around the focus svt. 265 hp vs 170hp? bahahahahah. c'mon guys. :rolleyes: My TURBO focus would barely walk on the supercharged ss's...it was door to door with the turbo version. For you guys to say that your focus is a better performer just shows how much you really know.

Read the stats, even with old school tech, the cobalt ss is still just as much of a corner carver than the focus.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 27 2009, 10:50 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 26 2009, 06:56 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]280179[/snapback][/right]

People compare the two because of WRC
[right][snapback]280236[/snapback][/right]

why? The RS and focus used in the WRC are completely different machines.
Pages: 1 2