FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's Official ... I'm A Former.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a couple of you know from PMs I had a bit of mishap with the wagon last Friday - what I thought was a bit of front end damage - and no, I have no pics.

The bumper cover, hood, headlights, grille and rad support was damaged, with very minor damage to the front fenders ... and the driver's airbag deployed ... but the estimate was for $11k (??!!) and the insurance company apparently got a very high bid for the salvage vehicle ... so it was close but I found out today the insurance company is writing it off.

So that's the end of the road for me with Foci - No. 7 was the last one (for now at least).

Ford is the s***s right now in terms of leasing and they don't really have a car I want anyway ... so my solution for transportation is to take over an existing lease that someone's trying to get out of ... I found a Ford employee's 2008 Fusion SEL almost the double of my wife's new 2009 for just $280 a month.

Funny how things work out - 6 weeks ago we had two Focus wagons - today ... none.

I've got tons of Focus stuff that I will now definitely not need - so stay tuned for the grand for sale thread.

Also: if anyone's interested I'll try and find out which wrecker takes the car ... there's a virtually brand new set of Brembo's on there, the two progress sway bars, the MBRP exhaust, Euro tails and spoiler, Eibach suspension, etc etc.
mmm glad you are ok. Dammm that was a fine SW :)

ohh well, Ken. I'm sure you would be around here regadless of the car or not :) just like me. I dont have a fofo anymore, but this site is more then just a car site. Its like cheers, everyone knows your name :)
wow ken that sucks, as i know you put a lot of time and good mods into it, I'd say buy a lease return from my work as we have a few very low milage lease returns in this week that are 2007 wagons in a few different colours.

umm.. were the front alloys damaged? if they ae all good I might be interested as I know you had a nice set on there.
Well at least your OK.

I PMed you about the 22mm Progres bar. DIBS
Frost__2001,Jan 23 2009, 04:38 PM Wrote:wow ken that sucks, as i know you put a lot of time and good mods into it, I'd say buy a lease return from my work as we have a few very low milage lease returns in this week that are 2007 wagons in a few different colours.

umm.. were the front alloys damaged? if they ae all good I might be interested as I know you had a nice set on there.
[right][snapback]280053[/snapback][/right]

Yeah - I'm kinda bummed out about it -- I really enjoyed that car and was looking forward to doing some more this spring. Having said that -- if it was even close, I'm sort of glad they wrote it off rather than fix a marginal vehicle.

The rims weren't damaged - but remember I had 15" alloys with Nexen snows on there -- the ST200s are in my garage and will be put up for sale.

Except for the strut tower brace I wasn't able to retrieve any of the mods ... they are all still on the vehicle and will end up in a wrecking yard somewhere. Unfortunately the Anzo headlights and my one-of-a-kind ST grille were both damaged.

And if I can't repurpose my X-Cal2 for the Fusion, I'll be putting that up for sale too.
Wow Ken, that really sucks....

I'm not sure about re-using the xcal 2.. I'm not sure it supports the CAN bus of the newer cars... but if it supports CAN, then it's just a matter of getting a fresh database and tune for it.

Sucks that you can't get the parts off the car that you put into it...

You had a pair of the nicest wagons around... sorry to see them both gone. :(
damn dude, so far 2009 hasnt been very good over on the Contour board either, everyones getting in accidents! Glad you're ok though, and make sure to post up the new ride :)
ZTWsquared,Jan 23 2009, 03:49 PM Wrote:Yeah - I'm kinda bummed out about it -- I really enjoyed that car and was looking forward to doing some more this spring. Having said that -- if it was even close, I'm sort of glad they wrote it off rather than fix a marginal vehicle.

The rims weren't damaged - but remember I had 15" alloys with Nexen snows on there -- the ST200s are in my garage and will be put up for sale.

Except for the strut tower brace I wasn't able to retrieve any of the mods ... they are all still on the vehicle and will end up in a wrecking yard somewhere. Unfortunately the Anzo headlights and my one-of-a-kind ST grille were both damaged.

And if I can't repurpose my X-Cal2 for the Fusion, I'll be putting that up for sale too.
[right][snapback]280057[/snapback][/right]

Damn Ken.... at least you're ok though and that's what matters in the end.

As to your X-Cal2 you can in fact get it VIN unlocked, you'll just need the proof of the car being written off to send to SCT, I did that after I lost my Focus and have a completely unlocked and blank X-Cal2 waiting for Fusion tunes once "The Fusionator" gets assembled :P

(Assuming I can get the programming transfer software working under Vista 64, otherwise I have to sell the X-Cal2 and buy the newer programmers that are "Vista Friendly" :angry:)

NefCanuck
:blink: Awww man that sucks. Your still part of the group what ever you drive. Let me know about the suspension stuff.
man, this season isnt treating many people to nicely! good to hear your alright tho! cant believe they wrote it off tho... curious tho, did u have an intake cuz if so, i need the stock MAF tube!!
glad your OK. Sad about the car :(

I too had a mishap in my wagon...thankfully should be an easy fix.
Nooo!!!...R.I.P to a very nice wagon

It's a good thing you and others if any were in the car are ok.... Hope to still keep you around and your business
Glad to hear you are all right, but sad to hear about the nicest wagon on the board. What were the circumstances of the accident? Hopefully your pride wasn't damaged. The weather this winter hasn't been the greatest for driving of any sort. Now if I could just sell the baby and pick up those ST200's. Hmmmmm?
Sorry to hear about the your loss...
I hope the Fusion will bring you joy.

(I would of loved to buy those headlights off you, but I guess there the sh!ts now)
Sorry to hear about your car!
The front end on it looked really clean and nice!

id def be interested in your strut tower brace though
that really realy sucks ken...i feel as if i was the last one to see that beauty it was a good looking car...sucks to see it gone:( im glad your ok tho
Glad to hear your alright at least, too bad about the Focus.
Sorry to hear man... Glad you're okay. Whatever you get next will likely be as nice as the wagon once was. I'll keep an eye out for your for sale threads, I'll likely pick up some of your old parts.
Glad to hear your ok. I really liked the wagon as well. Good luck with your future car!
I'm pretty sure the 2008 Escape is CAN bus and I'm using an X-Cal2 on it. Sorry to hear about the car, Ken. :(

On the other hand, welcome to 5-lug country. ;) I hear some Mustang rims bolt up nice. That's an option I'm considering in the summer :D
Pages: 1 2