FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The focus is now paid off and I was thinking of playing around with it. I've started to look into suspension set ups. I found a set of zxm1 for $100, so now I am looking for the struts to match. I was wondering if anyone is running them on their street car.
Also with a 1.5in drop did anyone use camber plates?

What are you running?

DRyanC
Ok here is what I'm thinking. The zx3b struts and the zxm1 springs. Capaldi has them on clearance, but I have to go to the states to get them. Anyone know of an Ontario location that has good prices for these?

DRyanC
(10-01-2012, 08:49 AM)DRyanC Wrote: [ -> ]Ok here is what I'm thinking. The zx3b struts and the zxm1 springs. Capaldi has them on clearance, but I have to go to the states to get them. Anyone know of an Ontario location that has good prices for these?

DRyanC

With the possible exception of Dixie Ford in Mississauga you won't find anyone in Canada that stocks those items; odds are they will be twice as expensive here.
just thought i would put this out there , someone on here is parting out an s2 and i think he is selling some eibachs. Im getting a set of eibachs this week I heard that they drop 1.5 also.
Check my sig. Not sure if you can get tokico D-Spec/HTS but get them if you can. If not, go with the blues or coil overs all round.
So I called Dixie this morning and talked to Shawn. Ended up ordering the ZX3B springs and struts. I checked with capaldi, once I pay for shipping, then pay the UPS store to hold on to them, then drive to the US, it was less than $100 difference. So I was happy. The track set up is expensive, almost $1000 with taxes, even in the states it would have been over $700 US with taxes, before shipping etc......

If they are like the SVT ones I had on my 2000 I will be happy.

So whats next? What does everyone run for brakes? I still have the drums in the back.

Ken do you use drums in yours for the track? I may hit the odd lapping day next year. I think my friend may be getting a little tired of me using his cars, lol.

Now that MBRP is gone, whats "cheap" and good?

Does anyone use the steeda intake? is their something better?

Guess I am keeping the car a little longer now. I have all winter to think and buy parts.

DRyanC

Hey,

I believe the FRPP setup is very similar to the SVT setup.

As for lapping, next year I will be on hawk hps up front on ATE rotors and drums in the back unless I can find a rear disc conversion. Being that I most likely won't, that's the setup I am settling for. This could be enough for you for the odd lapping day, IDK what you require out of a car to make it a good day for you.

Can't help you with exhaust as I have one of those last MBRPs. I know one that may come up for sale soonish in the Ottawa area but it's "well used" as the 2nd previous owner put it.

No clue for intake, I just have the stock one. I do have a fswerks 91 tune though. Oh, and when i'm autocrossing or did the lapping school this year I was on dunlop star specs < they weren't exactly cheap but they are my dedicated track tires.

Next on my mod list is poly motor mounts, then who knows maybe clutch/trans or motor whatever goes first.
so yeah, that's what I'm doing for a DD/Track Car until the RX-7 is in tip top condition to take over track duty.
The brakes I will do in the spring. Where is a good place to get them?

As for tires, I'm thinking not R compounds, something like the direzza (i think they are called) from Dunlop or the cooper rsa

Byron if you read this what if I sent Fred over from across the road, or chris, can you make more focus exhaust, lol.

For tracking it would only be 1 to 2 times a year.

If any one comes across a deal or has o e to offer let me.

DRyanC
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Smallest they do is 215/45R17. They are highly rated online and I give them the thumbs up.
There are apparently dunlop direzza and dunlop direzza star specs. The star specs are the ones i have. They have a treadwear rating of 200 so street use will really wear them down fast.

I know a guy locally who has the rs-r's i believe. He was always 1-1.5 seconds faster than me at autocross in a newer mazda 3 with a 2.3.

I got my tires shipped to northern NY to a friend's place who then brought them over the border for me. I got them through tire rack but i've heard discout tire direct has some good prices. All together including gas money to my friend, mounting and balancing i had 950$ in. My next cheapest option was dealer cost through directbuy and it wouldve still been more expensive. Tires are expensive in Canada no matter where you go. Are you in ottawa sometime soon? Come try mine before it gets too cold.

Brakes i got locally. ATE rotors through canadian tire (on carling, best canadian tire service department of any canadian tire) and my hawk hps pads from Mike at No Limits Autoparts.
Exhaust go with a fswerks race i love mine it dosnt sound ricey at all. As for intake a heard good things about the cfm kit. I would give a thumbs up on the dunlop direzza , my women has them on her protege 5 and they have really good grip in all weather.
Ive got an fswerks exhaust for sale Smile