FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Customer Service - this is how you do it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you know I'm a pretty harsh critic of companies that are all too quick to take the money but disappear when problems or questions arise. Accordingly I think it's important to acknowledge those organizations that don't do that - but instead put the paying customers' needs first and take care of business the way they should.

Recently I purchased a Borla exhaust for a member on here from an ebay listing; and because of changes the car manufacturer made mid-stream we ended up getting an exhaust that was correct except for one part - but a crucial part and the exhaust as shipped was unusable.

Was it a mistake? Yeah it was - but it was a mistake that I might have made myself. Nonetheless, that's when we started to sweat because they had our money and you never know what you're going to get in the way of service from someone on ebay. The email was sent, and the waiting began.

Well ... I didn't wait very long - 3 minutes to be precise; and the answer back started with a first sentence that basically said to me "don't worry, we will take care of it."

In the meantime, the member who the exhaust was destined for had contacted Borla directly to enquire why the exhaust didn't fit; and at that end too, the Borla rep responded quickly and with valuable information, and perhaps most importantly, a commitment to assist in seeing the situation through to a successful conclusion - which he did.

The bottom line is that once it was determined that the exhaust part was in fact incorrect, the replacement was on the UPS truck and on its way. The concern, the commitment, the communication, and the action was everything we could have hoped for under the circumstances.

Kudos for excellent customer service to:

Mark at Throwdownperformance.com

and

Chris Baas at Borla Performance Industries.

I too have had a great experience with an aftermarket supplier that I bought the windshield faring for my old truck and the side steps. I had an issue with both of them, and unfortunately the place where I originally bought them went under. So I called the manufacturer and they made arrangements to paint the roof of my truck and replace all equipment that was damaged because there had been a recall on both parts but without the database and customer information from the bankrupt seller, they had no way to contact me.

I now have a new truck and have put the same manufacturers parts on my truck(the nerf bars anyway).

I will always recommend westin automotive for their customer service.
Where is [Image: like.png] button??

Kudos for excellent customer service to you Ken @ focuscanada.net