FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bosch Icon Wiper Blades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i finally got around to going to that Precision Tuning place at keele/steeles that sells focussport stuff, small shop but they have a lot of stuff. so anyway the blades were 54$ with tax and to put it simply they're AMAZING, its unbelievable. since the focus does that extra wipe at the end it'll streak and i'd have to do it over and over and over to get rid of it, these its the first time and its clean. i should've got them long ago they're well worth the money, and i reccommend them to everyone who is in the market for new wiper blades.

and heres some pics.
[Image: Picture001-1.jpg]
[Image: Picture002-1.jpg]
[Image: Picture003-1.jpg]
Dude, seriously.... $54 for wiper blades. I have gotten used to the extra swipe and the dribble of fluid that gets left behind. But as long as you are happy. :)
You can get those at Part Source or CT too, they are just not name brand BOSCH. I've had a set on my Fofo since spring '08 and am pretty happy with them. Part Source usually has them on sale every couple of months too where you get half off the second wiper when you buy a set.
i want some tooo :( i have the ones from walmart and they suck a big one they leave streaks everyplace and miss a lot same with the ct ones on my gf's car. to bad they dont sell them in saskatoon
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 21 2009, 01:14 PM Wrote:Dude, seriously.... $54 for wiper blades.  I have gotten used to the extra swipe and the dribble of fluid that gets left behind.  But as long as you are happy.  :)
[right][snapback]279932[/snapback][/right]
the extra wipe wasnt the problem it was the streaks left from it, so i had to do it about 3 times for no streaks. besides 50 bucks isnt much...not like im replacing them every few months, my old ones lasted 2 years. once these are done i may try the ones from canadian tire to compare, guess we'll see how it goes.

also i got them because of the cool factor, not gonna lie lol.
Cool factor :lol: anyways I'm in the market for some. The WetTec ones from Crappy tire are Crapping out on me with an average of 10 extra wiipes to get it clear but if you go more than that then you get dry streaks. And ice builds on them really fast with my hood forcing the wind right up the middle of the car. :(
Spinal,Jan 21 2009, 04:55 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 21 2009, 01:14 PM Wrote:Dude, seriously.... $54 for wiper blades.  I have gotten used to the extra swipe and the dribble of fluid that gets left behind.  But as long as you are happy.  :)
the extra wipe wasnt the problem it was the streaks left from it, so i had to do it about 3 times for no streaks. besides 50 bucks isnt much...not like im replacing them every few months, my old ones lasted 2 years. once these are done i may try the ones from canadian tire to compare, guess we'll see how it goes.

also i got them because of the cool factor, not gonna lie lol.
[right][snapback]279942[/snapback][/right]
Don't try the Canadian Tire wipers.........they aren't worth the money. I've wasted more Wiper fluid trying to clear the windshield than before.
that is what i said above
Precision Tuning is a great place. i never thought about using them when i had the fofo, but now that i have the TDI, they give me great prices. BTW i paid 42 for the blades, maybe Jetta has diff size then Fofo.

As for the icons, got them on the car since sept and they are amazing. Had michelin's on the fofo and its not the same. I would rather pay the extra 20 but have the ability to see better :)
It might seem like a lot of scratch for wiper blades, but these one will last. I had a pair on my car for 2 years before they needed replacing. Anything I've got from Crappy Tire is usually done after 6 months.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Funny you should mention Crappy Tire..

I picked up a set of the Armor All Precision Wiper Blades with Teflon (tm) two weeks ago and couldn't be happier, between them and the Rain X washer fluid my windshield clears instantly when I use the wipers

Now, whether they actually last the two years that they are "guaranteed" to last I'm not willing to bet on :P

NefCanuck
Rain-X Wal Mart Specials on for a year so far. No problems at all. I think I paid $25 all together with with tax including a jug of fluid. I don't buy the hype.
^^ i have the same walmart ones i could clear my window better with my spit and my arm
I got the armor all ones fro Newfie speed and sport too.
Not bad. With rain-x (which I hate because it ruins blades) actually works alright.

I like the fact that they don't ice up either. (no joints to freeze up)
aaperently PIAA Super Silicone blades are very very good
i have bought these for my last 4 vehicles and will never buy anything else! they are simply the best blades ive ever bought. def worth every single penny!