FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Passenger Motor Mount done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting some vibrations, and from what I've seen is that it could be motor mount related.

I grabbed a picture. Is this thing done? It's pretty 'concave' in the middle.

[Image: focusmount.jpg]

-Ryan
IIRC they always looked like that from what I recall.
i thought they were more "inflated" looking
I just changed mine It looked the same but was split underneath.
(10-23-2012, 12:21 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]i thought they were more "inflated" looking

^^^ I think Jamie's right - in any event, yours is missing the cap - here's what it should look like, and below that with the cap on:

[Image: d03620f5-2e99-412e.jpg]
[Image: zetecenginemount.jpg]
Thanks Ken! Helpful as always. Smile I do have the cap, I just pulled it off for photo reasons.
Have any of them been removed lately for any type of work? miss aligned mounts can cause some vibration
I say just replace it anyways and call it a day. they're not overly expensive for a stock mount and takes 30 minutes to change. Just make sure they're torqued down properly and you're good to go.
(10-30-2012, 01:33 AM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]I say just replace it anyways and call it a day. they're not overly expensive for a stock mount and takes 30 minutes to change. Just make sure they're torqued down properly and you're good to go.

Agreed Wink
How did it work out Ryan? I am having some intermittent vibration issues while in gear but stopped at a light or in a parking lot about to back out of the spot. Big vibrations. other times it is just fine.

Cheers,
Scott
I actually haven't touched it yet. It will be part of my Spring Renewal project... Smile
(03-19-2013, 12:45 AM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]I actually haven't touched it yet. It will be part of my Spring Renewal project... Smile

i was getting some really bad vibration as well turns out it was the dogbone
I recently replaced both upper mounts. Before I replaced them, there were noticable vibrations especially when there were dips in the road or anytime there was compression on the springs when turning. Now it drives like a new car!!