FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt seat conversion pics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Heres some pics of my svt seat conversion , took about 4 hours , great thing about it is my neighbour noticed this and came by and bought my stock seats. the rear seat bracket bolt was stripped to so i had to cut it , other than that things went really smooth , i also had to cut holes for the window cranks , also did a steam clean of the carpet.
[attachment=631]

[attachment=632
wow looks nice...always wondered what a flat black focus would look like....your cars suposed to be silver right? dont get pulled over the police may hassle you about that....Dodgy
(10-23-2012, 07:37 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]wow looks nice...always wondered what a flat black focus would look like....your cars suposed to be silver right? dont get pulled over the police may hassle you about that....Dodgy

ya i actually thought about that the other day , im gonna have to get it changed , hopefully there isnt some major fee to do that.
Well it rubs off so just use the excuss of it being a paint protector. Because to change the colour in your ownership and insurance will be a PITA.

Looks awesome. Way better then piece here, piece there
I like it. I always wanted to paint my focus flat black when I had it, just got rid of it before I ever got around to it.

Just out of curiosity if you can peel it off, how will it stand up to rock chips and such on the front of the car from normal driving?
(10-23-2012, 08:52 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it rubs off so just use the excuss of it being a paint protector. Because to change the colour in your ownership and insurance will be a PITA.

Looks awesome. Way better then piece here, piece there

Ya i know what you mean , i guess it will all depend on what kind of cop pulls me over. Usually they dont like you saying anything to them , ive only gotten pulled over once and the cop was a total a-hole.
(10-23-2012, 09:56 AM)habmann Wrote: [ -> ]I like it. I always wanted to paint my focus flat black when I had it, just got rid of it before I ever got around to it.

Just out of curiosity if you can peel it off, how will it stand up to rock chips and such on the front of the car from normal driving?

This stuff is really durable , it all depends i guess on how many coats you put on , I have had no trouble with anything on the front end whatsoever. Glad you like it , I really am digging it , Its crazy at the amount of looks i get now. Its great stuff.
Wow looks good you did it all by rattle can? How many cans did you use?
(10-23-2012, 12:22 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Wow looks good you did it all by rattle can? How many cans did you use?

Yep all with rattle cans , took about 10 cans all the way around and I still think it could use a few more coats but I managed to do the inside of the doors also and parts in the engine bay to. So in total 15 cans , it took 5 for the front half of the car .
looks cool
(10-23-2012, 09:09 PM)1seensvt Wrote: [ -> ]looks cool

thanks man , just redid the hood today also!
Finger sore?
(10-26-2012, 01:55 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Finger sore?

No I got one of those handheld paint sprayers that attaches to the tip of the can. There like a couple of bucks at any hardware store.
Fantastic job - way to go. I may ask to use your photo if you don't mind.
(10-27-2012, 07:02 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic job - way to go. I may ask to use your photo if you don't mind.

no worries there , thanks !
where are you buying platic dip from?
(10-28-2012, 12:59 AM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]where are you buying platic dip from?

got it from Ken ZTWsquared
Ownership colour change is free at the ministry office. I got pulled over in my camo Grand Cherokee, cop was cool but told me to get the ownership changed. They have a "multi" option. Get that, and you can paint the damn thing any colour you like.
(10-29-2012, 12:44 AM)FRANKENSTEIN Wrote: [ -> ]Ownership colour change is free at the ministry office. I got pulled over in my camo Grand Cherokee, cop was cool but told me to get the ownership changed. They have a "multi" option. Get that, and you can paint the damn thing any colour you like.

Really , so it's not gonna be a nightmare and a hassle Smile .... maybe just a line up as usual. but thanks I will get that changed.
Well... the dreadful day has come to were i had to put my winter tires on .... I am using my stock rims for my winter tires and lets just say whoever owned the car before me practically never cleaned the rims.. so years of brake dust is just embedded into the rims (just terrible looking). So i had some gun metal grey laying around..... and I decided to give it a try on the rims and it doesnt look too bad.... since then i have peeled the dip off the tires and added the center caps but you get the idea. used 4 cans on all rims.

oh ya and i will post some close up shots tomorrow Smile
[attachment=639]
I wonder what salt will do to it
Pages: 1 2 3