FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I No Longer Drive A Jeep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some of you have seen my Jeep for the others this is what it use to look like. Picture taken the last week in December.

[Image: P1010681.jpg]

Well It looks a little different now Pictures taken Jan 16, 2009

[Image: P1010709.jpg]

[Image: P1010708.jpg]

[Image: P1010694.jpg]

[Image: P1010710.jpg]

[Image: P1010697.jpg]

[Image: P1010699.jpg]

I was parked downtown for about an hour and came back to Firefighters Spraying my Jeep with Water. Fire chief stated it was an electrical fire and it has happen before with these Automatic Jeeps. So now I wait to hear back from Insurance, Ive been busy shopping around for another Vehicle Kinda torn on what I should be looking for.

dang...good thing you weren't in it when it happened
Ya good thing you weren't in it when that happened! What have you been looking at to replace it so far?
I love my Escape Limited... and they're even better this year with the 240HP Duratec and 6-speed transmission. It's quite the mountain goat, although it's no trail-rated Wrangler.
Damn that's crazy! Sorry to to see that happen to you!

Get a beater focus.... and wait until 2010 and get an RS!!
WRX Wagon
I bet for the same price as your old Jeep you can get a loaded Rubicon model now.
the thing is I"m suprised that Jeep has not issued a recall on them yet, we've had a few go up in flames at my work and I've heard of a few going up in flames at Manhime. Sorry about your loss, but on the plus side you'll get something better.
Well that's a big "WTF"

Test drive 05-06 STi and you'll forget fords and limo jeeps in a second

I know u like awd and u like turbo , so get on it
Wow man that really sucks. It is a good thing you weren't in it. I was just looking thru kijiji for an old YJ or TJ if the price was right. I may not now.

Where did the master cylinder go? Is it made completely out of plastic?
dude that sucks man glad your ok good luck on our search
What intarnasion. Wow dude holly hell. I have nothing good to say but don't get a Jeep lol.
woah, crazy! i also have had a bunch of people tell me to stay away from Jeep, now I guess I will, good luck with your search for a new vehicle, at least you werent in it when it happened!
And yet another reason not to buy a Jeep. :rolleyes:

Glad your okay dude!
quality Jeep/Chrysler product right there....

I'm going against the grain in saying you should get another one. that way, next year when it goes up in flames, you can go ahead and get another one. It's like a free new vehicle a year.

Just don't keep anything important in the glovebox.
wow... what a mess. sorry to hear about your luck, good thing your alright. saab 9-2x FTW, lower price then its subaru twin, but the same guts! good luck on your search!
Canadian ST,Jan 20 2009, 04:21 PM Wrote:I bet for the same price as your old Jeep you can get a loaded Rubicon model now.
[right][snapback]279907[/snapback][/right]

Basically that is what Insurance is telling me now. The replacement value on my Jeep is $26800 according to Chrysler. So I asked my insurance adjuster how much am I getting back. He said call Chrysler financial and see what your buy out price is today so I call they tell me my buy out is $28,*** I was in shock I didn't even here the other numbers. WTF Where has my $625 Monthly payment plus my $5000 down payment gone? I called back my insurance adjuster (Belair Direct) and even though I fought with them that $26800 was to low for a replacement I knew it wasn't to far off. I asked him what happens If there $26800 doesn't cover the buy back he states well then Chrysler will call you and tell you that you still owe them $12** Can you believe that Sh!t.

Ohh and to boot I was told there would be no depreciation on my Jeep. So where did they get this $26800 Number from I’ll be calling back tomorrow morning when the girl that told me there would be no deprecation is back at work.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 20 2009, 06:39 PM Wrote:Wow man that really sucks.  It is a good thing you weren't in it.  I was just looking thru kijiji for an old YJ or TJ if the price was right.  I may not now.

Where did the master cylinder go?  Is it made completely out of plastic?
[right][snapback]279912[/snapback][/right]

Thats what my mechanic said he was shocked on how much stuff was actually gone. Even my Battery was no where to be found
$625/month

lol what were you thinking? lol
NikiterZTS,Jan 21 2009, 05:43 PM Wrote:$625/month

lol what were you thinking?  lol
[right][snapback]279948[/snapback][/right]

X2

throw in some gas and insurance , and your probably close to 1000$ a month for a car ... insane man

stay away from DCX, lol
Pages: 1 2 3