FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: If only it was available here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ditto. Wagons are just not popular in North America (read United States) so even those of us who would appreciate this model, have to do without (or build our own.) Neither are manual transmissions. So a manual transmissioned wagon, with a performance, higher cost engine, just is not in the books. Too bad.
(11-16-2012, 06:14 AM)SVT-WGN Wrote: [ -> ]Ditto. Wagons are just not popular in North America (read United States) so even those of us who would appreciate this model, have to do without (or build our own.) Neither are manual transmissions. So a manual transmissioned wagon, with a performance, higher cost engine, just is not in the books. Too bad.

Emphasis on the United States. There were a couple of years in Focus history in Canada where the wagon was virtually 50% of the mix - and even that wasn't enough to save it for the 2008 model year.

Interesting side note - my late 2007 ZXW was one of the last Focus wagons ever built in NA - it was build in the final week of 2007 wagon production.
Truly a shame. I picked up this edition of the magazine while travelling to London on business this week. The ST was rated 9/10, no other car reviewed, regardless of price, was given higher than 7/10.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Well thats because people over here would rather waste money on trucks and suvs. The wagon can haul a good amount of stuff in the back , and it wont eat your wallet at the gas pump.Obviously it cant tow as much as a truck or suv but lets face it people just use trucks to drop kids off at hockey not for work.
The dealer in Belleville said half the Focuses he sold were wagons. I like wagons and 3-door hatchbacks.
Speaking of wagons, I'm currently interested in the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Specifically the SRX4 with the Northstar V8, AWD, and sport package. I can't believe how cheap you can buy them used now, with reasonable mileage on them. They weren't exactly cheap when they were new.

After doing a lot of research on them, they apparently have very competent driving dynamics, the same as the CTS sedan they are based on. Good handling, quick reflexes (well, considering the size and weight of them), and powerful drive trains. They are on my short list for my next vehicle.