FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Focus ZX5 Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I sooo almost forgot.... i installed my steeda Plug cover today...

[Image: 90sz7n.jpg]
So for those who followed my great adventures of a rear vibration.... it turns out its not in the rear at all.... sadly i was deceived by my car.... it is in fact the front.. and is a axle/cv shaft. Need to find me passenger or both , whichever comes first... i will start with the passenger and go from there.
looking great man coming along nicely cant say im a fan of the headlights though. little to busy for my taste. love the valve cover pops so much perfect amount of white.
Nice, Small things make a big difference
yes small things do make a big difference. I can see what ya mean about being busy. But need to distract on the front end cause the back end...needs a little help right now Tongue , haven't done a thing to the rear or sides.

now i have ran into a moral delemma , i go off to basic training in january and won't get a chance to work on my car again until atleast june /july next year..../cry
Ya so it was the hangar bearing in the passenger side causing the vibration? How did u figure if out?
Brought it in to a mechanic that a friend knows who is a master ford tech from god knows where , but he wanted to quiet down his work life. whatever that means , anyway he is in Bells corners at Dan's automotive , anyway he put it on the hoist , everything looked fine both front and back , so we went for a test drive and he immediatly felt the vibes , and after a few km , he flat out said axle, cv drive axle. So i am on the hunt for a new one or used one , or reman one , or cheap one , anything i can put on that won't shake , he said start with some side and if it till does it go to the other. i figure start with with the passenger side as its longer , and probably has a higher potential to have the vibes.
Give Mike at No Limits Autoparts a call for pricing. They're out by Albion and Leitrim road. He's always come through for me on parts pricing.
i just found both for under 170 bucks , at prime choice auto parts. not sure that can be beat
Call Mike, give him a shot. He has beat them for me in the past, but will be close.
Let me know if the axles fix ur vibration, I'm very curious now.
if all goes the way i want , they will be getting done next week as with the EGR... i hope the EGR fixes the bogging and brakes hardening up
So a small update to this thread

installed a Billet fuel door.

[Image: 2mmtn2f.jpg]

[Image: sotxs4.jpg]

[Image: fucbnm.jpg]
Hey, don't forget to put out the garbage !!
Big Grin
(12-21-2012, 07:53 AM)lucio9711 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, don't forget to put out the garbage !!
Big Grin

Huh i am confused
Pages: 1 2 3