FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: E-Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are my options to pass etest?
My exhaust smells like a toxic, it stinks.

Should I buy high flow cat and have exhaust shop to put in with flanges so i can take off after etest?
Put it as close as possible to the front. Why not just weld it in and have a dump solenoid before it? Best of both worlds...
how about put high flow right after aem wideband sensor?

and how exactly dump solenoid works??
is it like running open exhaust, so it doesnt go through high flow cat converter?
just wondering...when i take my car to drive clean facility, do they open hood and see if i still have egr pipe attached??
(11-22-2012, 12:53 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I ran

Sent you PM
back when I took my truck for an etest they didnt pop the hood. Might've had to do with it being AWD and therefore only getting the idle test? No clue on the focus as I had dropped it off for the day to get that done amongst other work.

i think exhaust cut outs are awesome so +1 for that.
failed etest.
[Image: 20121215_161021_zps69473d45.jpg]

i will have to go back to muffler shop and put high flow cat in between downpipe and flexpipe.
thinking high flow cat is way far to back, it barely gets hot.

if this fails me again, i will have to put back to stock.
1200 rpm for idle?

seems a bit high?? Was the engine cold?
it is high, randy at fswerks did it on purpose but never told me why.

i am trying to get a hold of randy but he is on vacation..
come jan 1st, no more tail pipe readings for our cars. switching to OBD scanning. MIL on usually means instand fail 99% of the time tho. only good news is we can now run catless with an O2 cheater hooked up to the rear sensor and pass Tongue
(12-29-2012, 11:07 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]come jan 1st, no more tail pipe readings for our cars. switching to OBD scanning. MIL on usually means instand fail 99% of the time tho. only good news is we can now run catless with an O2 cheater hooked up to the rear sensor and pass Tongue

:0 no more switching from catless to cat Smile Adam is very happy
are you 100% sure that my car will pass new etest?
car does not have any engine code. but no egr to reduce nox.