FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: NEW E-TEST DISCUSSION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
any stored codes in computer, tunes, anything will make you fail along with any modifications will make you fail
To bad there isnt a fee you can pay to avoid the etest , i would gladly pay to play.
(11-23-2012, 05:41 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]any stored codes in computer, tunes, anything will make you fail along with any modifications will make you fail

thats what im hearing from everyone aswell

my buddy took his ford escape to his friends shop to try out the new etest machine and he had an evap code, so he cleared it in the parking lot,
and the scanner picked it up that it was cleared and he failed
I'd go back in, and have a rewired OBD2 port with a high amp 120V inverter connected up to it. read that bitches.
^- haha... that would be funny...

just need to make a chip that can give the wanted results to the sniff tester.

The funny thing is, that the number of modified cars isn't really as high as the number of old beaters on the road. You could do a lot for the environment by just removing all cars older than 10 yrs old....
Btw... you'll be fine as long as you fix your emissions issues (code reader), clear your codes, and do about a half hour of driving.

That's not so bad.
My svt is almost 11 Sad
^-- there's other issues around that too, like the impact of making new cars...

that being said, I swear you'd think these laws would take more taxis off the road...
Could a 12 volt source be hooked up to a computer with fake sensors and a OBD2 port? They plug into the fake port and get a perfect reading. Make it portable so everyone could get their car falsely tested. Think I'll go back to driving pre-`88 vehicles.
If people wanted to save the environment, why don't they just ban gas powered lawnmowers?
kill all humans=earth saved
hopefully this "government installer" will come soon to setup ours here at work and ill be able to answer all your guys questions....lets just say im not looking forward to this....Angry
after discussion over the weekend if they are bringing the smae tests up from california we should be fine. california has the most strict pollution laws out there and if they can pass im sure we can.

when you get your machine hooked up and running let us know!!!
(11-27-2012, 12:16 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]after discussion over the weekend if they are bringing the smae tests up from california we should be fine. california has the most strict pollution laws out there and if they can pass im sure we can.

when you get your machine hooked up and running let us know!!!

http://www.wheels.ca/news/check-engine-o...lean-test/
so does that mean us tuned guys who have altered the ecu are ok?

still doesnt really answer any questions of that
I was reading on a subaru forum that people with tuned ecu's will be fine but the people with aftermarket ecu's like AEM's, they need a stock ecu to run the etest. theres soo many people saying too many different things. its like the Y2K thing again haha. Think of how many cars in cali have arftermarket parts and tunes, and they all seem to pass, so we'll be fine.
OMG!!!!! this new etest is good for tuned cars!

Passed mine no problem on new etest. Whole process took 5 mins.
Technician scanned vin number on door jamb area, hooked up scanner, took pics of car(door jamb area for sticker and rear shot for license plate).
Then, technician asked if I have any engine code and that was it.
Waited for result, PASS!

Here is my result.
Systems monitored Status
Misfire Not Applicable
Fuel System Pass
Comprehensive Pass
Catalyst Not Applicable
Evaporation System Not Applicable
Secondary Air Not Applicable
Oxygen Sensor Not Applicable
Heated Oxygen Sensor Not Applicable
EGR system Not Applicable
Air Conditioning System Not Applicable

Is the MIL operational? N/A
Is the MIL commanded on? No

And I get "PASS"???Even tech could not believe the result!
Shweet. I thought I was going to be f**ked. So they dont check for a cat?
So wait this means that technically we can now pass without a catalytic ? As long as there is no cel?
So we can have an Egr delete? And I don't have that sticker on my door anymore mine got taken off when I got the car painted
I knew this was all a load of fluff with tunes and s**t. Called it, stamped it
Pages: 1 2 3