FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Still looking for rear disc :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol keeping it out there! I'm still looking to convert my drums, I've decided I'd rather the st over the svt I like the 15" rims still being able to fit... So if anyone is selling! Big Grin
(11-26-2012, 07:10 AM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]Lol keeping it out there! I'm still looking to convert my drums, I've decided I'd rather the st over the svt I like the 15" rims still being able to fit... So if anyone is selling! Big Grin

Well I admire your perseverance LOL - FWIW you need 16s for SVT fronts only - pretty sure SVT rear discs fit under 15s.
you are 100% correct. the rears will fit under 15s, and to be honest fills them in quiet nicely too.
svt's will fit under 15's

dont give up the search!
my wagon has 15s clearing svt brakes on the rear so no worries there.
if you still need disk's for the rear for focus you can convert to Lincoln ls
Are you sure? Maybe I'm missing something but, with the possible exception of the caliper, it doesn't seem likely that a 5-bolt RWD car would be a source for Focus rear disc brake parts.

(09-17-2013, 12:44 PM)03zx5 Wrote: [ -> ]if you still need disk's for the rear for focus you can convert to Lincoln ls
Did a quick google images search and brake caliper seems to be the same. There may be some plausibility but not an entire swap from an ls

https://www.google.ca/search?client=safa...4_EVnbM%3A
(09-17-2013, 10:00 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Did a quick google images search and brake caliper seems to be the same. There may be some plausibility but not an entire swap from an ls

Yeah they certainly look the same, but all the application crossovers I look at indicate they are different - different part numbers anyway.

Interestingly the Focus SVT Motorcraft OE style replacement calipers are numbered BRCF4 and 5 and the LS calipers are BRCF6 and 7.

They take different pads too - the LS is FMSI:806 and SVT is FMSI:886.

I'm not saying they can't be made to work, but if the caliper is the only thing that crosses over why bother - getting SVT calipers isn't the problem, it's the caliper bracket - and looking at how different the knuckles and rotors are I can't imagine the bracket is the same even if the caliper is.