FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toronto Mayor gets the boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is kind of a big deal for many Torontonians -- our illustrious mayor got the boot for a conflict of interest.

Personally, I'm happy to see him get the boot. Amongst all the tantrums and bullying, nothing's getting done in our city.

Wonder if the next guy will be any better....
I disagree, although his antics are a distraction, he is getting the financial books in order from a city that has been overrun by the NDP and their spending ways of the past.
He is appealing that decision, so it will still be some time before he is actually removed from office, if at all.

I think he would be wise not to appeal, don't let the voters all pissed off in carrying on the nonsense at city hall, run again and win or lose on your merits and puts this issue(which he was clearly guilty of) behind him.
(11-27-2012, 07:36 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree, although his antics are a distraction, he is getting the financial books in order from a city that has been overrun by the NDP and their spending ways of the past.
He is appealing that decision, so it will still be some time before he is actually removed from office, if at all.

I think he would be wise not to appeal, don't let the voters all pissed off in carrying on the nonsense at city hall, run again and win or lose on your merits and puts this issue(which he was clearly guilty of) behind him.

He may or may not be a good money manager (running a city is not the same as running a business but the jury is still out on that ... but one thing's for sure he's a lousy politician and a lousy leader.

Whatever good ideas he may have he loses because he insists on bullying those who need convincing and he denigrates and ridicules anyone who has an honest disagreement with him.

The judge noted that he had a sense of entitlement, and that his approach was dismissive and confrontational ... Ford may be excellent as a s**t-disturber, but no matter how good your convictions might be if you can only get along with your syncophants then your career as a leader will be short.
You need to find a mayor to get rid of all the hipsters , last time i was there i thought i was in a banana republic.
Don't fight me on my two cents but, I think he was a good person for that postion. Everyone has flaws and sometimes uses power they have in a bad way. But him being a builly is what most political parties need. There are way too many people milking the system, being over paid to and plan and simply don't know what they are doing. (ie. they are too dam old and should move on to let a younger person in with different plans and ideas) When the milk is gone, the cow is dead, what do you have now.

He should run again and let the voting happen. We all know he isn't getting back in. Too many people hate him, in and out of the office...
this just in, hes allowed to stay back in office untill bi-election
(12-06-2012, 02:16 AM)paolo Wrote: [ -> ]this just in, hes allowed to stay on my Mom until she cries uncle.
Sounds fair
(11-28-2012, 09:19 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't fight me on my two cents but, I think he was a good person for that postion. Everyone has flaws and sometimes uses power they have in a bad way. But him being a builly is what most political parties need. There are way too many people milking the system, being over paid to and plan and simply don't know what they are doing. (ie. they are too dam old and should move on to let a younger person in with different plans and ideas) When the milk is gone, the cow is dead, what do you have now.

He should run again and let the voting happen. We all know he isn't getting back in. Too many people hate him, in and out of the office...

Count me as one of the people that are happy to see him go. While I agree that city council has it's problems, it doesn't need the influx of partisan politics that Rob Ford brought in.

I wish we could get someone in who actually cares about the city at large rather than their own ego and personal agenda.