FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Traction control + ABS lights on dash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My traction control and ABS lights both came on today while driving ans stayed on. I turned the car off then back on but the light stayed on. In the owners manual it says if both lights on the dash stay on the traction control/ABS system needs service. Is this a common problem with a dirty sensor? Or if an ABS sensor has gone is it easy to fix? Anyone have experience with this problem?
i have the same problem but mine is because i forgot to install tone rings in the rear drums when i changed the bearings and drums Tongue

Dirty ABS sensors can do it. or even just a bad sensor.

Oddley enough we have the same year and model car.....
(12-09-2012, 02:49 AM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same problem but mine is because i forgot to install tone rings in the rear drums when i changed the bearings and drums Tongue

Dirty ABS sensors can do it. or even just a bad sensor.

Oddley enough we have the same year and model car.....

Did yours start right after you installed your drums without rings? Or a few months later?
Right off the bat ,
I did my drums a few months back so I don't think it's that. While doing my oil change yesterday I took the wheels off and sprayed WD40 where the connection plug is on the inside of the wheel well. Wiped them clean, tried to take them apart but they were in there good and didn't want to break anything so I just cleaned them the best I could on the outside including the wires. I took a ride to the gas station and no lights came on. So far so good, driving from Trenton to Barrie tonight will see if they come on then.
It's a good chance they were just dirty . Hope everything works out