FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The best 12v power source?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I'm trying to power a vintage 8-track player in my car , the power usage is 12v so wondering what the best way to power it would be? or the easiest way ... I thought about taping into the cigarette lighter wire . Any other ways ? oh ya and I did say 8-track Smile
And why 8 track? Lol
lol you wouldn't understand.
best way to is go buy a fuse block tap , and add it to a constant or ignition fuse. let me get you a picture

[Image: vcuwra.jpg]

that is a Fuse block tap. basically you find a fuse , and use this block for a fuse for the original and add a fuse for the secondary , in this case your 8 track , and then run a wire for constant or ignition.

If your cigarette is constant , and want that go for it, if not find a ignition source , like existing stereo fuse , and tap it.
Hmmm I think I will do that , much easier than splicing into the wire. I think the cig lighter has a fuse. thanks , where's the best place to get a fuse tap ? Canadian tire I'm assuming carries them?
i got mine at place called bensens auto parts , and i don't see any at canadian tire. probably find a auto parts store , they should have it.
make sure to pick up an extra fuse , as you will need 1

[Image: 6730d1335288677-towing-my-cr-v-flat-ques...8_zoom.jpg]

Thats what it looks like
I did some digging online and apparently some crappy tires sell them and some don't but appartly there quite expensive $14 , I'm gonna try this discount electronics store also hopefully they will have them for a bit cheaper.
Princess auto
Oh s**t forgot about that place , ill prob stop there on my way home , it's always fun to go there anyways haha
cost me 4 bucks for mine. so yea crappy tire is expensive Tongue
just got two for 8 each at princess auto.
There ya go.

Enjoy that 8 Track , its a classic.... but please no elvis..... and defintily do not drive upside down with Tommy lee jones hair.... in MIB1
Why no Elvis? He's the king and my father. That's right I said it. Daddy.
(12-12-2012, 08:30 AM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]There ya go.

Enjoy that 8 Track , its a classic.... but please no elvis..... and defintily do not drive upside down with Tommy lee jones hair.... in MIB1
Lol I don't mind Elvis but I got some jethro Tull , blind faith, Steve miller band , the Beatles. Gotta find a spot to mount it there's like no room , any suggestion lemme knoe
in the trunk..... Tongue
lol yeah theres like no room , except for in the glove box .... which always ends up being a junkpile anyways. Isnt there a fuse panel behind the glove box somewhere? i think i remember reading that somewhere.
not that i know off , but running the power wire is easy , put your fuse block at the fuse panel , then run a wire accross to the glove box , and run a ground to bare metal and done. Or wherever you have the thing at.