FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mach to euro facelift headlamp swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Mach headlights and want to change over to the euro facelift headlamps. I think the wiring plug is the same if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone know if all I have to do is just swap pins 3 and 4 and otherwise plug and play?? Thanks.
(01-03-2013, 10:03 AM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Mach headlights and want to change over to the euro facelift headlamps. I think the wiring plug is the same if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone know if all I have to do is just swap pins 3 and 4 and otherwise plug and play?? Thanks.

hmmm ... must admit I don't know the answer, but if I were doing this I would have assumed at first that it was a simple plug and play swap. What does the MACHs have that the other's don't
There is a write up on the OFOC site
Linked in the Ontario section here

You will regret the swap
Mach's have such a better light throw

Also what harness do you have? The Canadian Mach ford racing harness? Or the ghetto hack version? The ford racing will have then relay built in to allow the bi-xenon to work properly, the ghetto hack (what I have) you have to jump two connections on the steering column
I absolutely hate the machs. They are nice to look at but it is a big PITA to find ballasts and bulbs. i'd much rather have something where i can just go to walmart and buy a bulb if it burns out.

i am assuming i have the hack version since whoever wired these things on the car totally made a mess of it.

(01-03-2013, 05:39 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a write up on the OFOC site
Linked in the Ontario section here

You will regret the swap
Mach's have such a better light throw

Also what harness do you have? The Canadian Mach ford racing harness? Or the ghetto hack version? The ford racing will have then relay built in to allow the bi-xenon to work properly, the ghetto hack (what I have) you have to jump two connections on the steering column

machs have extra "city lights", something like a daytime running light and require two grounds for the xenon. the st170 just needs one ground and doesn't have the city lights.

(01-03-2013, 01:51 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2013, 10:03 AM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Mach headlights and want to change over to the euro facelift headlamps. I think the wiring plug is the same if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone know if all I have to do is just swap pins 3 and 4 and otherwise plug and play?? Thanks.

hmmm ... must admit I don't know the answer, but if I were doing this I would have assumed at first that it was a simple plug and play swap. What does the MACHs have that the other's don't
I love my machs but I'm having an issue with the passenger side , it will randomly not turn on ... It seems to work when I turn the key a bunch of times , I'm assuming I have a contact issue somewhere .
They both have a "city" light
But the ST170 and facelift have it inside the low beam housing like VW's do
(01-03-2013, 09:08 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]I love my machs but I'm having an issue with the passenger side , it will randomly not turn on ... It seems to work when I turn the key a bunch of times , I'm assuming I have a contact issue somewhere .

If it doesnt turn on switch to highbeams and turn them back off again it should come on.
(01-04-2013, 06:01 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]They both have a "city" light
But the ST170 and facelift have it inside the low beam housing like VW's do

yeah, my mistake. the machs have them separate.