FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: battery dieing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So for the past couple of days I've been almost pits rally pulling my hair out ...... Two days ago I went to leave for work and my car wouldn't start , there is power to the whole car but it just won't turn over (makes the clicking noise ) and tonight went to leave work and same thing.... So I played with the wires going to my coil and the lights starting flickering like crazy ... Went inside the car and that clicking noise that I heard when starting was going off like crazy ... So I going to start with the coil wires ... But any other suggestions ... Battery is brand new and the alternator was swapped a couple of months ago.
(01-04-2013, 02:07 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]So for the past couple of days I've been almost pits rally pulling my hair out ...... Two days ago I went to leave for work and my car wouldn't start , there is power to the whole car but it just won't turn over (makes the clicking noise ) and tonight went to leave work and same thing.... So I played with the wires going to my coil and the lights starting flickering like crazy ... Went inside the car and that clicking noise that I heard when starting was going off like crazy ... So I going to start with the coil wires ... But any other suggestions ... Battery is brand new and the alternator was swapped a couple of months ago.

also check all your grounds
Yea Im thinking that the coil wires shouldn't have anything to do with it but the flickering of the lights kind of puzzles me . I will check the grounds also.
Ok so I figured out my problem , which also was the solution to why only one of my headlights was working , turns out it was very simple . I check my connections cleaned them up and found a new pair of connector bolts. Car know has more power upon starting and is almost like a whole different car when driving. I also gave the battery a really good charge and it was only at 40 percent went I first put it on. It's crazy how simple the issue was.