FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mist / Condensation in Headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So ive had my ST for a few days now and noticed that the lower part of both headlights near the indicator light gets a slight mist, then after driving the car it disapears, Anyone else had this on their ST? Do I take it back to get it checked? The temperature here is around -10 so im thinking the weather? even though none of my vehicles have never done this
It has happen to some other owners of STs:

link to some common problems to look out for in a focus ST

BTW nice choice in colour. I am thinking about picking up a TS ST once the snow melts.
(01-29-2013, 01:38 PM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]It has happen to some other owners of STs:

BTW nice choice in colour. I am thinking about picking up a TS ST once the snow melts.

Actually I found it in the owners manual said about mist due to cold weather I neber heard of it before, Apart from that have been happy with it, but looking at that link got some checking to do Undecided w. We have snow here now but managed to take it out Sunday.

(01-29-2013, 01:38 PM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]It has happen to some other owners of STs:

Actually I found it in the owners manual said about mist due to cold weather I never heard of it before, Apart from that have been happy with it, but looking at that link got some checking to do Undecided There was only one dealer here that had the T Scream which is what I originally wanted. We have snow here now but managed to take it out Sunday.
(01-29-2013, 02:08 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ][quote='dBlast' pid='247954' dateline='1359430680']

Actually I found it in the owners manual said about mist due to cold weather I neber heard of it before, Apart from that have been happy with it, but looking at that link got some checking to do Undecided There was only one dealer here that had the T Scream which is what I originally wanted. We have snow here now but managed to take it out Sunday.

I had both headlights on my 07 ZXW replaced under warranty because of excessive condensation inside the headlight assembly - - if the mist disappears for you and doesn't leave anything behind on the inside of the headlight lens, then you should be okay.
(01-29-2013, 11:24 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2013, 02:08 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ][quote='dBlast' pid='247954' dateline='1359430680']

Actually I found it in the owners manual said about mist due to cold weather I never heard of it before, Apart from that have been happy with it, but looking at that link got some checking to do Undecided . We have snow here now but managed to take it out Sunday.

I had both headlights on my 07 ZXW replaced under warranty because of excessive condensation inside the headlight assembly - - if the mist disappears for you and doesn't leave anything behind on the inside of the headlight lens, then you should be okay.
No it doesnt leave anything when it clears. Just gone and checked today its like -21 now and nothing . Ile just keep my eye on it
I've had the condensation in my '12 headlights once before, same area too the front indicator.
(01-31-2013, 09:28 AM)euro_zx5 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the condensation in my '12 headlights once before, same area too the front indicator.

Did yours ever come back? Or is it a weather thing
My 2013 SE did the same thing once. Might try to get them replaced under warranty if it keeps happening
(02-06-2013, 06:51 AM)RAF Wrote: [ -> ]My 2013 SE did the same thing once. Might try to get them replaced under warranty if it keeps happening

Im going to do the same to me its not right . I took it out on Sunday parked it when I came back there it was again, Its been snowing so its still damp here but even so does that mean I cant use my car when its raining or foggy ? Either that or damaged or poor design, What gets me its there then its gone
(01-31-2013, 09:40 AM)muttsnutts Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2013, 09:28 AM)euro_zx5 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the condensation in my '12 headlights once before, same area too the front indicator.

Did yours ever come back? Or is it a weather thing

Haven't seen it since those two cases. I am parked in a garage most times though. If it becomes a more common occurrence, I may bring it up at the dealer.