FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: shorty antenna?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone on here have a shorty antenna? ive been reading about them and apparently all of them are crap reception wise .... my antenna snapped right at the base the other day when i hit it with a snow brush. Wondering if there are any shorty antennas that are any good ? im doubtful but i just thought i would ask.
Yes there are....
You will need a new base first

The ones I like I've got off eBay and have 3 different lengths

I'll see if I can find a link, but they are better than the solid billet FC, Steeda and CFM ones

This one I've found works good

Search for seller : shortantenna
(02-03-2013, 06:21 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes there are....
You will need a new base first

The ones I like I've got off eBay and have 3 different lengths

I'll see if I can find a link, but they are better than the solid billet FC, Steeda and CFM ones

This one I've found works good

Search for seller : shortantenna

Yeah I've bought off that seller before - it's pretty good but still not the same as the stock in terms of reception.
perfect thanks very much , just ordered one. Its not a bad price ether , most of them are like 20-30 on cfm and steeda. im not complaining about 15 bucks.
If you don't leave the city reception is fine. It's traveling guys like ken that will notice it more...

For winter I usually remove mine just because I tended to break a base every winter...reception for me is still fine.
(02-04-2013, 02:04 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't leave the city reception is fine. It's traveling guys like ken that will notice it more...

For winter I usually remove mine just because I tended to break a base every winter...reception for me is still fine.

Yes, absolutely. For example travelling to Buffalo the stock antenna picks up half a dozen FM stations all the way there, and AM stations like 680 and 590.

When I had the shorty antenna on the '07 ZXW the AM stations crapped out around Stoney Creek and the only FM station I could pick up was CHUM FM.
http://focus.c-f-m.com/freeshippingcfmbi...focus.aspx

I bought mine off them, I had to replace my base cause it was so seized and couldn't take my stock one off, so went to ford and got one for like $10 dollars, took the one screw off of the old base and took the wire out, put new based on and screwed the antenna on and just tucked the wire and waaaaa BAM. Big Grin
I have always been tempted to just get rid of mine. I never listen to the radio , i always use one of my ipods. I never understood why the made it so big , i always hit low branches backing up and it bangs off the roof lol.
Yea , I'm starting to use my iPhone more and more , somedays I do like to listen to the radio though . I'm 50/50 , I still might just go grab a stock one at the scrap yard , just in case.
(02-05-2013, 04:04 AM)2000zx3
sct Wrote: [ -> ]
Yea , I'm starting to use my iPhone more and more , somedays I do like to listen to the radio though . I'm 50/50 , I still might just go grab a stock one at the scrap yard , just in case.

My radio still works fine with the shorty lol
i shaved my antenna. roof started rusting. and i got no signal anyway. so shaved the antenna. downloaded a few radio apps on my iphone plug my phone into the stereo and BAM radio
(02-06-2013, 04:27 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]i shaved my antenna. roof started rusting. and i got no signal anyway. so shaved the antenna. downloaded a few radio apps on my iphone plug my phone into the stereo and BAM radio

Soon im gonna have my roof shaved Big Grin gonna give Wally my antenna xD
Neato
i just cut my stock one down and reused the rubber nipple on the end. Works mint and cost me nothing lol
Just got it in the mail today , very surprised at how fast the shipping was , only took four days I believe.