FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: rear disc spindles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know if the advancetrac rear spindles are the same as the SVT??? i have this as a part number for an SVT rear spindle 98AZ4A013AA, can't seem to find a different one for advancetrac.
I believe the SVT, ST, and all advance trac spindles are the same.
I had ST spindle's and just added the caliper bracket and rotors to convert to SVT.
(02-17-2013, 03:44 AM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the SVT, ST, and all advance trac spindles are the same.
I had ST spindle's and just added the caliper bracket and rotors to convert to SVT.

great, thanks. i'm under that impression too, but i just want to make sure because I want to keep the smaller advancetrac rotors
(02-17-2013, 06:01 PM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2013, 03:44 AM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the SVT, ST, and all advance trac spindles are the same.

great, thanks. i'm under that impression too, but i just want to make sure because I want to keep the smaller advancetrac rotors

I think this is all correct - AdvanceTrac rear brakes are exactly the same pieces as the 05-07 ST brakes which should make getting replacement parts easier to figure out. The other difference between SVT and AdvanceTrac / ST rear brakes is that the SVT has the two-piece brake line setup versus a one-piece for the ST/AdvanceTrac
The caliper bracket on the Rear of the SVT is also different to accommodate the larger rotor, but the do share the same caliper.
(02-17-2013, 10:42 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2013, 06:01 PM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]

I think this is all correct - AdvanceTrac rear brakes are exactly the same pieces as the 05-07 ST brakes which should make getting replacement parts easier to figure out. The other difference between SVT and AdvanceTrac / ST rear brakes is that the SVT has the two-piece brake line setup versus a one-piece for the ST/AdvanceTrac

(02-18-2013, 07:33 AM)lonewolf Wrote: [ -> ]The caliper bracket on the Rear of the SVT is also different to accommodate the larger rotor, but the do share the same caliper.

Thanks