FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: S-MAX Ice Tube from Cfm ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats everyones opinion on this? will it actually make any difference?

http://focus.c-f-m.com/s-maxicetubecolda...boco2.aspx
It won't give you power but in summer you may keep your power instead of heat soak. Key is your iat sensor must be after this..
Yea I'm currently trying to figure out my future mods for the spring . This seems okay but I think it would be a hassle filling it up every time , and for no power don't think it's worth while. Rather spend it on cams. But it's an interesting concept , I contacted Cfm about it and they basically said the same thing , and they said they have never tried it on any of there foci.
(02-19-2013, 03:47 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I'm currently trying to figure out my future mods for the spring . This seems okay but I think it would be a hassle filling it up every time , and for no power don't think it's worth while. Rather spend it on cams. But it's an interesting concept , I contacted Cfm about it and they basically said the same thing , and they said they have never tried it on any of there foci.

You can turn reduced IAT's into more power with the right tuning - but a far more effective way IMO is to use water meth injection. Not only does it significantly reduce your intake air temps, it also significantly increases your octane which, again with the right tuning, can also increase your power - - plus at the same time it also increases the safety factor if you're boosted.

When I had my red track rat I was dyno'ed at Steeda with just over 190 hp with water meth. The same engine setup (JRSC @ 8-10 psi etc - see sig), but without the water meth installed, was dyno'ed at just under 170 hp at the last dyno day at Dasilva. Different engine and different dyno to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I can substantiate a decent power gain that can be had wtih water meth for about the same money as that chiller.
water meth is only for boosted applications correct? im looking at a stage one cam and possibly some cam gears , also might look at an svt header swap. If im not mistaken the shorty header has barely any gains from the stock header. i heard it was like 2-3 hp.
(02-20-2013, 03:02 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]water meth is only for boosted applications correct? im looking at a stage one cam and possibly some cam gears , also might look at an svt header swap. If im not mistaken the shorty header has barely any gains from the stock header. i heard it was like 2-3 hp.

Certainly boosted applications get the most out of water meth, but I that's not to say a normally aspirated car wouldn't see some benefits - but again, mostly through the tuning and with other mods - on a bone stock car the benefits would be minimal.
First upgrade the tranny , it wil pay off in the long run.
I thought about converting it to a manual , I here it's fairly simple but I will need a "donor" car. Ether that or find a cheap manual then do a parts swap that might be easier lol.
(02-21-2013, 04:42 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about converting it to a manual , I here it's fairly simple but I will need a "donor" car. Ether that or find a cheap manual then do a parts swap that might be easier lol.
Or you can get a lentech. Trust me its worth it lol
Easiest way to "convert" to manual is just sell the car and buy a manual.
(02-21-2013, 04:46 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2013, 04:42 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about converting it to a manual , I here it's fairly simple but I will need a "donor" car. Ether that or find a cheap manual then do a parts swap that might be easier lol.
Or you can get a lentech. Trust me its worth it lol
hmm you got me thinking , I've never heard of lentech . What's the difference between them a know theres different versions . Does it just shift gears harder ?
There is the street cruiser which would be perfect for bolt ons and such. The streery terminator and street terminator plus are more for boosted applications. Iound a used street terminator and grabbed it fast lol.At wot the shifts are real firm but normal driving its almost like stock. Plus the best part is you will embarass people who think stick is superior in a straight line lol