FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oil preference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys since I've told u guys my car is getting boosted does it matter what oil I use cause I always get my oil changed at ford or should stick with another oil brand?
Any full synthetic is fine. I use royal purple HPS and a kn oil filter on all my cars

Mobil1 is also very good
Ok thank I got the Mobil 1 cause I know ford dealership does the oil change for that type of oil so when are u heading back down? My package just came in just waiting on ken to pick it up when he has a chance and what weekend are planning on doing it?
Test me. Ill be home this weekend
Mobil 1 is great , I was using royal purple but I found that if i went 1000kms over the oil change it really broke down. But I have had zero issues with mobil.
For the past 30k i've put in whatevers on sale....honestly I haven't noticed a diff...lol
Mobil 1 is recommended by FS werks. I run it or RP 5W30.
So I would have to run 5w-30? Or stick with 5w20?
See what your car likes better.
New Pennzoil ultra is supposed to be the bombdiggity. Im switching from RP to either that, motul or enous (just cuz we carry those brands now, save some $$$ Tongue)
I used 5-20 at the start but it burned it off and when I switched to 5-30 it stopped and seems to run better. I'd say 5-30, even my new st takes 5-30
Costco sells Castrol by the jug or case of 9 for a good price, it even goes on sale some times.
I use Castrol in mine and ive always liked it. the shop i work for is also a large Castrol and Amsoil shop. Either is great in my books. i have used RP in the past and i was never really sold on it. still a good choice mind you but i cant justify spending the extra cash on it. i find Castrol Syntec does the same job but a little better.
castrol always.