FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SVT rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I have been looking for SVT rims for a while. I found a set for $300.00 with the caps, is this a fair price? From the pictures they are in good shape.
(03-01-2013, 09:08 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I have been looking for SVT rims for a while. I found a set for $300.00 with the caps, is this a fair price? From the pictures they are in good shape.

That's a pretty good price, especially if in good condition and especially if it has decent rubber on it. I will be selling mine later this spring with Falken Ziex512 rubber and I will be asking more than 300.
(03-01-2013, 09:08 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I have been looking for SVT rims for a while. I found a set for $300.00 with the caps, is this a fair price? From the pictures they are in good shape.

I was looking for some for a while, he was asking 300 as well, but he was in Ottawa but he shipped them so I paid about 120 for shipping so I say its fair pricing, mine are far from mint, but with a little love, I brought them back to life Tongue he hadrubber on them and said they where at 20% but in my eyes they where pass wear bar and was - %20
Plan on getting them tonight if the guy still has them. I am thinking of playing around with some plasti dip. Clean them up real good and apply a few coats of plasti dip gloss and see how they turn out.
(03-02-2013, 06:58 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Plan on getting them tonight if the guy still has them. I am thinking of playing around with some plasti dip. Clean them up real good and apply a few coats of plasti dip gloss and see how they turn out.

I dipped the inside of my svts black Smile and left the silver gloss, it pops good
(03-02-2013, 09:34 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 06:58 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Plan on getting them tonight if the guy still has them. I am thinking of playing around with some plasti dip. Clean them up real good and apply a few coats of plasti dip gloss and see how they turn out.

I dipped the inside of my svts black Smile and left the silver gloss, it pops good

Could you post a picture?
(03-03-2013, 06:40 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 09:34 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you post a picture?

Yup here is some pictures, the first one is after I cleaned it 2nd was before it was cleaned but in the end they where still stained, so thats when I decided to dip them Smile
Thanks. They do really stand out. I might end up doing this! Did the extra dip throw the wheel off balance?
Nope, and i just put new tires and got them balanced after they where all dipped Big Grin
(03-03-2013, 07:03 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. They do really stand out. I might end up doing this! Did the extra dip throw the wheel off balance?

Once it has cured plasti dip is extremely light. Someone posted a youtube video - they coated an entire car with six or seven coats of plasti dip and then after it dried the pulled it all off and weighed it - less than 2 lbs.
(03-03-2013, 08:16 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2013, 07:03 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. They do really stand out. I might end up doing this! Did the extra dip throw the wheel off balance?

Once it has cured plasti dip is extremely light. Someone posted a youtube video - they coated an entire car with six or seven coats of plasti dip and then after it dried the pulled it all off and weighed it - less than 2 lbs.

Well it was well cured before i Had them done, we will see when I put em on Smile
[quote='2MuchDub4U' pid='248434' dateline='1362258489']
Nope, and i just put new tires and got them balanced after they where all dipped Big Grin

good idea with the dip , im really curious to see the svts on your car , i dont think ive seen a later model with them.
(03-03-2013, 08:35 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ][quote='2MuchDub4U' pid='248434' dateline='1362258489']

good idea with the dip , im really curious to see the svts on your car , i dont think ive seen a later model with them.

Yea, alot of people think its gonna look crappy or might look weird with a 07 with the ground effects kit with Svts, but I hope to pull it off Tongue
(03-03-2013, 08:36 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2013, 08:35 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ][quote='2MuchDub4U' pid='248434' dateline='1362258489']

Yea, alot of people think its gonna look crappy or might look weird with a 07 with the ground effects kit with Svts, but I hope to pull it off Tongue

here is my 07 with SVT's, i like the way it looks. this is right after i lowered the car, i still have a SAP front bumper and some skirts to go on but you get the point of how yours will look
(03-06-2013, 12:09 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2013, 08:36 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]

here is my 07 with SVT's, i like the way it looks. this is right after i lowered the car, i still have a SAP front bumper and some skirts to go on but you get the point of how yours will look

Looks sexi to me Tongue, can't wait Big Grin