FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problems logging in still
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else still having issues logging on? The only way I can get online is on my phone which sucks. Any help would be awesome...
When I am at home I have troubles. When I do I just go to the Calendar page and that gets me in.
I don't have any problems logging in, but then again I navigate directly to the "View Today's Posts" page at

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/search....n=getdaily
Very strange stuff -- I removed a couple anti-spam plugins that I think could have been causing problems and an old .htaccess file that could have been causing the problems.

I hope this straightens out issues we were seeing with logins and registrations the past few months.

Sorry it's taken so long to track down. I've been travelling a lot for work, and troubleshooting other people's poorly maintained code was a slow process.
I tried the calender method and sure enough it works! you're a genius! haha. Thanks a million!
Folks, please let me know if you see problems still. I need your eyes to tell me if there are problems with logins and whatnot, since I don't always get the same issues you might.

If you need to get a hold of me for an urgent issue, please sent an e-mail to support@focuscanada.net. This goes directly to my cell, and I'll do my best to get to it within an hour or two -- definitely within 24 hours.

sorry for the inconvenience guys. I appreciate your patience

cheers
-steve
(03-06-2013, 12:32 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]Folks, please let me know if you see problems still. I need your eyes to tell me if there are problems with logins and whatnot, since I don't always get the same issues you might.

If you need to get a hold of me for an urgent issue, please sent an e-mail to support@focuscanada.net. This goes directly to my cell, and I'll do my best to get to it within an hour or two -- definitely within 24 hours.

sorry for the inconvenience guys. I appreciate your patience

cheers
-steve

has anyone seen the page that says you have been hacked by eph3r?
yes, the little fucker was able to change files... I'm working on blocking his IP permanently.

But interesting -- like I'm some big security firm this kid is showing up -- this site is a one man operation, congrats, you have more time on your hands than people with real lives.

I think it'll be time to ban everyone from russia, czechs, etc... we shouldn't have to firefight script kiddies.
Pretty much the same thing i was thinking when i saw that... its not like he got into a website that has crazy security and hacking into a forum isn't impressive at all... Probably a civic driver! Sorry for all the added work that the little bad ass caused you, i wish i could help you out in some way but i know nothing about websites.
(03-06-2013, 07:48 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much the same thing i was thinking when i saw that... its not like he got into a website that has crazy security and hacking into a forum isn't impressive at all... Probably a civic driver! Sorry for all the added work that the little bad ass caused you, i wish i could help you out in some way but i know nothing about websites.

Probably would have been easier for him just to join LOL
Well, we're back...

I've removed all attachments and plugins for the meanwhile as well as locked down the administrative portions of the site. Hopefully this will keep us clean for a while.

I apologize for losing people's attachments, and I'll add a backup system for them so we won't lose them again in the future.

thanks again for your patience guys. Script kiddies are pretty harmless, even if they are a pain in the ass on occasion. I would recommend that folks make sure their passwords are up to date and as a good rule of thumb, don't share them with anything else.
Thanks for all your hard work! It's very much appreciated.
(03-09-2013, 05:13 AM)heelchain Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all your hard work! It's very much appreciated.

I wouldn't call it 'hard' -- just a matter of fitting it in around my real job.