FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: poly mounts worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys have to get all 3 motor mounts for my car. i have the massive poly mounts for the dogbone so thats already covered. is it worth getting poly side mounts or can i stick with factory mounts? i dont DD the car so the vibration isnt a concern for me i can live with that. will it back that big of a difference getting the power to the road if i switch them out? just looking for some guidence on with i should do

thanks
I have all three done in my car with vf mounts , even if you dd it you get used to it. It feels like a tank going down the road lol. But over stock huge differnce little to no wheel hop.
on a boosted car yes its worth it, the vibe sucks but like adamzx5 said you get used to it. my old car I reduced tons of wheel hop.

I don't see a LSD in your sig...add one of those too and you'll be a happy happy man Smile
hmmm ok..i dont drive the car that often anyway so the vibration dont bother me. besides my dogbone bushing wasrotted anyway so it vbrated pretty good towards the end of the season lol

havend gotten an LSD yet because im waiting to replace the tranny or rebuild my current one.. i think a couple syncros are going
Yes....very yes. That was one of my first mods. CFM package deal: 67mm TB, shorty shifter and dog bone lol
poly mounts are ordered up
thanks Ken!!