FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: R.i.p. Chrysler Pt Cruiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chrysler officially kills the PT Cruiser
Source:leftlanenews

The Chrysler PT Cruiser was one hot item when it launched back in 2000 – with many dealers selling the retro tall wagon for over sticker price – but the Cruiser has languished without any significant updates in the subsequent years, transforming it from a sales stud to a sales dud. But the pain will soon be over for the PT Cruiser as Chrysler has confirmed it will send the nameplate out to pasture later this year.

The death of the PT Cruiser marks the seventh nameplate axed under Cerberus’ lead. Cerberus-owned Chrysler has already nixed the Dodge Magnum and Durango and the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible, Aspen, Crossfire and Pacifica. The PT Cruiser will cease production this summer.

However, it remains possible that the once popular model could live on – albeit in foreign markets. Just as Chrysler sold the rights of the previous-generation Sebring to Russia’s GAZ, the Michigan automaker is currently shopping around the rights to produce the PT Cruiser. However, Chrysler vice chairman Tom LaSorda told The Detroit News that Chrysler has “not seen any formal proposal from the Japanese or Koreans or Chinese for buying any assets.”

I always liked the look of the pannel version of the PT Cruiser. Oh well, another one bites the dust.
I liked the Magnum. The Prowler was awesome too.

The PT cruiser... nah, no thanks.
Haha, why would chinese or korean pay for the rights for a model when they can just steal it and sell it. They did that with Smart!
Bye bye baby hearse!
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 16 2009, 12:11 PM Wrote:Bye bye baby hearse!
[right][snapback]279632[/snapback][/right]

haha my uncle used to call it a midget hearse too.
My brother in-law just bought a Pacifica. I call it his "Big Chick Truck or BCT." He doesn't like that to much. LOL The Magnum SRT-8 was a sweet ride. But with the Challenger and Charger I guess there isn't a place in the line up for it anymore.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 16 2009, 11:16 AM Wrote:My brother in-law just bought a Pacifica.  I call it his "Big Chick Truck or BCT."  He doesn't like that to much.  LOL  The Magnum SRT-8 was a sweet ride.  But with the Challenger and Charger I guess there isn't a place in the line up for it anymore.
[right][snapback]279651[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately the only market for wagons is women -- and as I've said before, the only problem with the magnum is that it's a man's wagon in a world where 80% of car purchases are influenced by women.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 16 2009, 07:11 AM Wrote:Bye bye baby hearse!
[right][snapback]279632[/snapback][/right]

Or a baby bakery truck :P

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jan 16 2009, 11:10 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 16 2009, 11:16 AM Wrote:My brother in-law just bought a Pacifica.  I call it his "Big Chick Truck or BCT."  He doesn't like that to much.  LOL  The Magnum SRT-8 was a sweet ride.  But with the Challenger and Charger I guess there isn't a place in the line up for it anymore.

Unfortunately the only market for wagons is women.
[right][snapback]279663[/snapback][/right]

I wonder how Ken will feel about that statment? :rofl:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 16 2009, 12:20 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]279668[/snapback][/right]
Meh ... considering the source I'm not bothered in the least ... Steve lives at Yonge / Eglinton and drives a 6-banger Mustang - 'nuff said. :D
haha owned. I miss yhe prowler it was sweet.
bye bye POS Cruiser!!
ZTWsquared,Jan 16 2009, 12:17 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 16 2009, 12:20 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]279668[/snapback][/right]
Meh ... considering the source I'm not bothered in the least ... Steve lives at Yonge / Eglinton and drives a 6-banger Mustang - 'nuff said. :D
[right][snapback]279675[/snapback][/right]

Oh noes! :lol:
ZTWsquared,Jan 16 2009, 01:17 PM Wrote:Meh ... considering the source I'm not bothered in the least ... Steve lives at Yonge / Eglinton and drives a 6-banger Mustang - 'nuff said.  :D
[right][snapback]279675[/snapback][/right]

fair enough!

hmmm... guess I should have expanded on that a bit more... of course, I get tired of saying it, so I went with that abbreviated comment.

what I meant is that the magnum was a wagon focuses at men that no woman I knew of liked. In a market segment where well over 80% of the overriding influence is female, the magnum wagon failed.

I loved the magnum.. I like the focus wagon too...
well gotta respond to this

I'm not surprised they did that.. and to be quite frank I don't like dodge/chrysler has a whole

My Sis's husband owns a 2005 300c it shot a pair of pistons out the driver side of the hemi...
and my Sis's youngest son owns a Dakota and I've absolutely rebuilt everything possible under the hood aside from removing the motor.. the recent fiasco was the wheel separated from the truck causing massive damage

needless to say the Jag my sis owns is 5 years old and never had a prob and my nephews 95 crapalier hasn't had 1/3 the problems as either of the 2 above
Thank God Ugly @ss Car