FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dipped My Rims White
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Converted my interior a couple weeks back , had fun with it ran into a couple of problems , the rear seat bracket bolt was stripped so i had to bring out the angle grinder to cut the bracket. Also had to cut holes in the door panels for the window cranks. I also recently picked up a black center console with an armrest. Heres some pics of the process. Luckily my neighbour came by and noticed my old seats and he bought them for a buddy who has a focus.

[attachment=743]

[attachment=744]

[attachment=745]

Overall the Plasti Dip held up very well over the winter and there are very minor chips , and the majority of the chips are my own doing. Heres a pic from mid winter.

[attachment=746]

Also re-did some areas that i messed up on , peeled in literally seconds and the paint is still good!

[attachment=747]

heres a recent pic , new plasti dip looks to be a different color but in person its not that noticable.
[attachment=748]
Looking good Mr. Dip xD
(03-19-2013, 08:48 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good Mr. Dip xD

thanks sir! Smile got my white dip for the svt rims gonna look epic ...!
(03-19-2013, 08:53 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]

Gonna pop thats for sure Tongue
(03-19-2013, 12:29 PM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]

yep gonna put some gloss on top so they pop even more, i like that name i should get a sticker made! haha
(03-19-2013, 01:13 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2013, 12:29 PM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]

yep gonna put some gloss on top so they pop even more, i like that name i should get a sticker made! haha

Mr. Dip? hell ye do it up ! and yea the gloss will really take it away!
Looks good. I'm going to try dipping my SVT's with the gloss but try it with just the paint on the rim and see how it works. On another point I saw a flat black Focus yesterday in Burlington, thought it was you but everything was stock ZX3 and the wheels weren't dipped.
Thanks man , I was out at like 8 last night and I was on Guelph line that's about all I drove yesterday . That's weird cause I only know of one other flat black focus and I think he's storing it for the winter . I thought of doing that also so let me know how it goes or post some pics.
(03-19-2013, 10:44 PM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good. I'm going to try dipping my SVT's with the gloss but try it with just the paint on the rim and see how it works. On another point I saw a flat black Focus yesterday in Burlington, thought it was you but everything was stock ZX3 and the wheels weren't dipped.

I seen the same one cross through hamilton with HiDs
Dipped my rims white Big Grin

[attachment=761]

[attachment=762]
They came out great man!!!!!!!!! but they where perfect the way they where Tongue
(04-09-2013, 08:48 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]They came out great man!!!!!!!!! but they where perfect the way they where Tongue

lol yea im lovin them it really "pops" bad part is more ricers wanna race me now Dodgy , when i told my dad i was dipping them white he looked at me as if i had three heads. lmao , lets just say i needed a change Big Grin.
(04-09-2013, 08:54 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2013, 08:48 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]They came out great man!!!!!!!!! but they where perfect the way they where Tongue

lol yea im lovin them it really "pops" bad part is more ricers wanna race me now Dodgy , when i told my dad i was dipping them white he looked at me as if i had three heads. lmao , lets just say i needed a change Big Grin.

I love the 5 spoke svts Tongue there amaze Big Grin yea I know that feeling Tongue
(04-09-2013, 09:00 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2013, 08:54 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]

I love the 5 spoke svts Tongue there amaze Big Grin yea I know that feeling Tongue

your car done being painted yet? i still wanna see your car with the svts.
Do you use the predip spray?
nope just cleaned them up really good.
looks good...i think you need a really good carpet shampoo lol
(04-09-2013, 12:53 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]looks good...i think you need a really good carpet shampoo lol

yea i steem cleaned the s**t out of it , most of the dirt went away but a lot of it is stained really good.
Mine has some awful coffee stains by the cup holder.Companies need to make some cup holders that can hold a Xl double double well pulling some g's lol
i agree lol , my new black one is coated already... the plasti dip on my old one didnt help much Smile it was like a magnet for dirt, never gonna dip one of those again haha
Pages: 1 2