FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear wiper is crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just replaced the rear wiper on a wagon and it is worse than the old one. It only cleans a strip about 2 inches wide. Do I need to heat the wiper blade up to get it to curve enough to contact the whole edge or is it just a weak spring? Is the spring replaceable or is the whole arm replaced?

Thanks for any hints.

Cheers,
Scott
(03-21-2013, 02:19 AM)heelchain Wrote: [ -> ]I just replaced the rear wiper on a wagon and it is worse than the old one. It only cleans a strip about 2 inches wide. Do I need to heat the wiper blade up to get it to curve enough to contact the whole edge or is it just a weak spring? Is the spring replaceable or is the whole arm replaced?

Thanks for any hints.

Cheers,
Scott

Whole arm is replaced - take off nut, pry up arm (its on there tight - make sure you don't break the glass) - - what a lot of us on here have done is replace it with the much nicer looking, and better working Mazda3 arm, or the one from the Ford Edge - - sorry, for the wagon you would use the one from the Ford Flex - the Mazda3 and Edge are too long.

Flex wiper part numbers (about 25 + shipping + importation in USA, much more here)

8A8Z17526A
8L8Z17528C
Junkyard would be a lot cheaper.
(03-21-2013, 06:42 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Junkyard would be a lot cheaper.

Cheaper than new from a Canadian dealer - yes, but not necessarily cheaper than new from the US.
Edit: Thanks. I see the 2 numbers are for the arm and the blade.

My son is a parts guy at a local dealership so I can usually get it at a pretty good price.

Thanks again.