FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Would Cause Stalling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Weird.

This morning the car started fine, I drove to the go station (approx. 5 km) and parked the car. As I was getting out of the car the train pulled up, so I decided to get back in the warm car and wait for the next train. I pushed the clutch cranked the engine over and when I let go of the clutch, the engine died. It did this 3 times before I gave the car gas to keep it running.

After a min of the car running, I tried it again and it was fine.

Could I have witnessed a vapor lock or something else weird?

Strange thing was, the engine was warm from the drive to the station....
Quite possible that the car hiccuped after being warm, shutting down and then being introduced quickly to the ambient air temp (which was probably even less than the -16C I saw this AM @ 9)

Think of it this way, ever try taking a deep breath in this weather coming from a warm place? If you don't cough, you aren't human :P)

NefCanuck
I had that issue a while ago, in my case it turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?
ANT you gotta take it out of gear. silly boy
LOL.
It was in neutral.
:lol:

And the filter was changed.... i think 2 summers ago.
Maybe I'll have it done again. Or get it on the highway and blow it out. My car hasn't had a good run in months.
ANTHONYD,Jan 15 2009, 03:26 PM Wrote:Or get it on the highway and blow it out. Maybe I'll have it done again, I haven't had a good run in months.
[right][snapback]279591[/snapback][/right]

Speak to your wife about this issue. :lol:
Anthony do I have to come change your fuel filter again? LOL ya it probably was 2 summers ago!
Couldn't hurt to let it all hang out on the highway.

Your windows are tinted, right? :ph34r:
And we're done.
thanks fellas :rolleyes: