FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plasti Dip question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For everyone who plasti dips, is it paintable? I used rocker guard on some of my rust spots last year but it just chipped off from the winter, I was thinking of putting a number of coats od dip on them then painting over them with rattle can to match my paint.
I've heard of people painting over it but not entirely sure what the results are.
(04-01-2013, 02:24 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]For everyone who plasti dips, is it paintable? I used rocker guard on some of my rust spots last year but it just chipped off from the winter, I was thinking of putting a number of coats od dip on them then painting over them with rattle can to match my paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIRFlgD6xE
Looks like you can in this video Smile
(04-01-2013, 02:24 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]For everyone who plasti dips, is it paintable? I used rocker guard on some of my rust spots last year but it just chipped off from the winter, I was thinking of putting a number of coats od dip on them then painting over them with rattle can to match my paint.

Well I must say I am pleasantly surprised by that video. The thing is that plasti dip is a solvent based material and so any solvent will tend to take it off - its even susceptible to damage from gasoline, even when fully cured.

If you go ahead and do this, please post up your results.