FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: -35c This Morning On The Way To Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go hardcore or go home bitches :P

i had to plug the wife's car in last nite. I was afraid it wouldnt start in the morning. As for mine, its in the garage, but i still wonder if the diesel is gelled or not!

right now its -22C here. My TDI doesnt like these temperatures. :)
I can't wait for all the water mains to burst.
In the run from my place to the office the Fusion temp display fell to -19.5C and that's at least a degree or two optimistic :ph34r:

Oh and my office is a fawkin icebox too :angry:

NefCanuck
suck it up, I walk outside to class at -31c WITHOUT the windchill
pfffft.. you people don't know hardcore till you drive to school in -51C in 4-Lo because the axles are frozen only to find out that classes are cancelled due to extreme cold.

or

you're the only vehicle on the road to the gas station that's not a snowmobile, and the shovels in the back are more for tossing snow to find the keys you dropped when a gust of wind broke a plastic sign free at the gas station and scared you shitless as it went whistling by your head on it's way to slicing a towel dispenser in two.

or

you drive from Thunder Bay to North Bay in -46C temps and lowered (stiff) suspension across 1100km of frost-heaved highway with the sunroof open to vent heat from the defroster going full blast at the front window and still being unable to clear the inside of the windshield of frost. And then pulling into the gas station at Kapuskasing to find that the attendant speaks french.
I backed out of the driveway at 1500-1600RPM because my axles were pretty stiff. Also, getting over 50 KM/H was briefly an issue as the engine was more concerned about warming up than making power.

Square tires for a couple blocks... kickin it' so old school, curves hadn't been invented yet. :lol:

It's surprising what 10C can do in either direction. At -27C, the truck is cold, sorta loud (comically so) but it rolls. At -35C, it's super-resistant to motion. Fired up nicely, tho.
i was living work at 2:30am......my inside widnshield was all frozen....as Pupper said the heater barrely did anything....took forever to clear that one up

but iremember in mother land this type of weather was regular for us.....can go tanning stuff
Im in TO for work, and we just went out for lunch....guys complaining it was cold.

pfffffffff...it wasn't even THAT cold here, its -35 in ottawa with windchill I hear. Its like a vacation here. :lol: :P
Yeah well they finally fixed the heat in the office (I checked, it was only 10C in my office until they got things working again <_<)

Kinda hard to type while your fingers are freezing :P

NefCanuck
Both cars started no problem this morning. Had to keep the little guys going into the car as they both wanted to stop and play in the huge exhaust clouds.

:P
Power steering was not power this morning -28 in the Five Hundread's Climate Controlls
you guys are all wosses as I work out doors, and really it was not that bad out today, it was cold before the sun came up but once it did it was fine. and I was outside from 7 am til 5 pm.
I drive my car once a week these days cuz i take the ttc. Sitting nicely in the basement garage. But i also heard it's not good for a car to sit for a very long time? Is that true? Should I take her out for a walk once in a while?
I could actually hear my tranny LOL
my svt didnt start this morning, thats cold enough for me ladies!
cornflakes,Jan 14 2009, 08:26 PM Wrote:I drive my car once a week these days cuz i take the ttc.  Sitting nicely in the basement garage.  But i also heard it's not good for a car to sit for a very long time? Is that true? Should I take her out for a walk once in a while?
[right][snapback]279531[/snapback][/right]

Start her up 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of minutes
-36C before windchill this morning. The tranny was so cold, going into 1st from neutral took like 3-4 seconds. Finally warmed up once I drove the 4-5 minutes to Timmies tho :P
Im going boarding tomorrow and saturday......it doesnt bother me that its cold.....well maybe the chair lift ride.
-37 C here this morning (according to weathernetwork).
Thank god it's not windy out there.
My windows were freezing up on the way to work (car was in garage).
Pages: 1 2