FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: E Brake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
My 05 ST focus hadsthe e brake light come on and off while driving, i checked my tires and they are spinning fine as well as i feel no drag while driving even in first gear while starting to move.Just wondering if this is due to the cold weather or if this is somthing i should get checked out. or any other reason this is happening?
thanks
KillaCamST,Jan 14 2009, 03:54 AM Wrote:Hey,
My 05 ST focus hadsthe e brake light come on and off while driving, i checked my tires and they are spinning fine as well as i feel no drag while driving even in first gear while starting to move.Just wondering if this is due to the cold weather or if this is somthing i should get checked out. or any other reason this is happening?
thanks
[right][snapback]279490[/snapback][/right]

Check your brake fluid reservoir its most likely in need of fluid

few reasons why the fluid gets so low
1. brakes are extremely worn
2. slow leak in one of the clutch cylinders

not many people know but if you have a manual transmission the clutch system uses the brake fluid from the same reservoir for the hydraulic clutch.
Also check the cable up underneeth. Might be sticking somewheres.
my light came on a couple times as well, they go away after a while. I hope this dosent become a problem.
you will need to replace rear brake..

happened to me as well..
This use to happen to me I would check the fluid
Check your brake fluid for sure.

If it's up, that's just your Automated Drift Indicator. Just do as it says - apply brake, turn, gas. Repeat until a stupid grin is plastered all over your face. :lol:

Added DOT3 brake fluid, problem is fixed! fingers crossed...thanks guys
Just an FYI.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_war...isk.shtml#

Scoll down to Myth #6. Something to keep in mind.

-George
Scourge,Jan 21 2009, 10:43 AM Wrote:Just an FYI. 

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_war...isk.shtml#

Scoll down to Myth #6.  Something to keep in mind.

-George
[right][snapback]279924[/snapback][/right]

Not True

if the Dork who wrote that knew some cars use the Brake fluid in the brake res for the hydraulic Clutch and know on Focus's one or both the clutch cylinders eventually leak either in the bellhousing (slave) and on the clutch pedal (master) they would add that stipulation

ever see what a slow leak on a Brake cylinder looks like you can see it only when you tear the drums off id rather top it off then have to pull some fluid out of the res then have airpockets all over my brake system and/or clutch system