FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Creaking front end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A small propane torch back and forth on each end of the nut/bolt with out burning anything like bushings.
After a lot of heating and use of an impact gun I have everything swapped out except the passenger rear spring. I couldn't the the LCA undone and I feared I may wreck it so I kept it in and will get a spring compressor to get the old spring out and new one in. Talk about rust on the rear end though!Tongue
Good luck getting a spring compressor on there. I tried every thing when mine was seized. Ended up taking to a shop and they got the bolts off for me
I got an internal spring compressor from princessauto for around $40 and works great for removing rear springs with out undoing any bolts.
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Steer.../8309254.p
(05-27-2013, 07:47 AM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]I got an internal spring compressor from princessauto for around $40 and works great for removing rear springs with out undoing any bolts.
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Steer.../8309254.p

I might give that a try. I tried two spring compressors from loan-a-tool from canadian tire and they were both too big to fit.
I added a spacer inside the spring compressor to eat up the gap and make it easier. Wink
[Image: internal_compressor.jpg]
On my way back to Barrie from Ottawa my driver side front started to creak again. It only makes noise when I am at very slow speed pulling up to a driveway or stop light and when I am parked getting in and out of the car. I went outside this morning to check it and it wasn't making a noise. I have replaced my struts, end links and tie rods in the front and when I put my struts in last weekend it all looked good. I am thinking it might be the LCA? I am sure my car is safe to drive but the creaking noise is just so annoying!
Strut bearing?
Mine does just about the same thing, and add in making a sort of clunk when going from forward to reverse, and reverse to forward. Can't track it down. Been happening since I put the Pro-kit on, and in that time I've barely driven the car since I've been away working. I can't even find any metal-on-metal rubbing anywhere.

Replaced top hats, strut bearings (twice), end links and checked everything a bunch of times. Next thing is to jack it up and try to get play out of the ball joints using a big crowbar as a fulcrum between the driveway and the bottom of the tire.

Guessing it's going to be a bad LCA or front sway bushings.
Pages: 1 2