FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SVT vs focus breaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me which front and rear rotors, pads and disks from the regular focus are interchangeable with the SVT?

thanks
(05-10-2013, 09:01 AM)imncrxtc Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me which front and rear rotors, pads and disks from the regular focus are interchangeable with the SVT?

thanks

None.
thanks..but i find that hard to believe.
(05-10-2013, 10:24 AM)imncrxtc Wrote: [ -> ]thanks..but i find that hard to believe.

LOL - okay, ya got me. It's all interchangeable.
Why do you think the svt brake upgrade is $$$$$
Svt has a "big brake kit" that only fit on the svt. You can buy this kit so make a regular focus have a "big brake kit". It's roughly 1200 for front and rear kits
Ken is correct, highly correct. He is the one selling us here all of the SVT upgrade kits... until they ran out... Now just find a 05-07 ST and take the rear off of that.
Dont you also have to put new knuckles on the front?
You sure do

Actually I dunno if some of you know. If you have ST knuckles ou can go to a parts source or napa and buy SVT calipers and rotors and its a direct swap. We did it on my buddies ST
(05-10-2013, 10:54 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]You sure do

Actually I dunno if some of you know. If you have ST knuckles ou can go to a parts source or napa and buy SVT calipers and rotors and its a direct swap. We did it on my buddies ST

Not exactly ... you need the SVT caliper brackets, which coincidentally is the part that Ford cancelled which then caused Ford Racing to cancel the SVT upgrade kits - the hen's teeth in this equation is in fact the caliper bracket.

Every once in a while someone will be selling the caliper with the bracket - jump on it when you see it. I've got a couple of sets now, but they are not for sale bwahahaha.

BTW - same goes for the rear in case you want to do a complete front and rear swap - yes the ST caliper and the pads are the same as SVT, but the caliper bracket is different and same thing - Ford cancelled the caliper bracket. But, as others have said, ST rears will be a lot easier to source than SVT and they aren't that much smaller.