FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: abs/tc lights on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so both abs and tc lights are on in my car. But their is no code. Does anybody know what it could be? Also I tried turning them off and nothing happens. Brake fluid level is where it should be.
(05-13-2013, 02:20 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so both abs and tc lights are on in my car. But their is no code. Does anybody know what it could be? Also I tried turning them off and nothing happens. Brake fluid level is where it should be.

Probably a sensor (IIRC ABS and TC use the same wheel sensors) or worst case scenario the ABS module is gone.

In any event, it takes a different kind of scanner to look for ABS codes - I'm actually thinking about getting this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP9449-Brak...bs+scanner
My luck it will be the module lol. Could one of the sensors just be dirty?
Could be dirty or broken. Happend to my focus after the winter had to replace the wheels sensor and abs sensor.
Did it feel any different? Like were you able to spin your wheels and lock up the brakes?
When the lights are on you have no traction control and ab so the wheels will spin and the brakes will lock ups. After I replaced the sensors everything was back to normal.
Okay. I thought my calipers were messed up again.so this should be an easy fix...hopefully.