FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ricer flybys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody ever had it happen to them? On my way home from a cruise tonight a prelude felt the need to do it lmao. To make it even funnier I could smell that familiar smell of burning oil when he went in front of me. I almost stopped to ask him if vtec kicked in to lol
Lol happens all the time and I mean almost everyday lol. Today I was in Hamilton and some Mexican kid in a silver Honda flew by me than at the lights he turns up his music full blast lmao.
It made my night lmao so funny. I'm sure if he was beside me at the light and I purged it would have been a different story lol
Try having racing stripes, it's like being covered in ricer pheromones.
Like my car looks pretty much stock besides the focal jet ,fswerks, and brembo stickers. Its so funny when idiots try and race me without me knowing. The best ones that do it are the lifted trucks lol
its the only way a honda can win a race
and they wonder why they get made fun of so much
Ain't that the truth lol
Nobody races me. Good!
Try driving a Tangelo Orange R32 GTS-T with a GTR front Clip, HKS Hyper exaust, and bronze wheels anywhere in Ottawa during the evening in fair weather. I did this for about a week when my wife and I got married. I rented my co-workers Skyline for our "Just Married" vehicle...had every kid in town wanting me to race them.

Since I got my Si, I've had people trying to see if I will race them...my car is black, has amber rear turn indicator/tails, NO tint, and black steelies with low-ish profile tires...how does that scream I'm a ricer? LOL! Mind you, it's usually the cars that look like mine that actually ARE THE SLEEPERS...
My car is stock looking besides the 3k fogs and 6ks in the headlights and its lower and alot louder. Like every idiot tries to race me. I had some tool in a sebreing convertible try and race me in the middle of downtown Windsor. Like be floored it at the lights and I just putted along. And be gives me a look like he won. So I said here's my middle finger lol
The last time I actually street raced someone, it was with my Dad's 92 Mercury Topaz GS. It was a 2-dr coupe with the 3.0L and 5-spd. I actually ended up having a couple of younger guys rev on me in a 2001-2002 Si. They revved on me because they heard me gun the gas a little bit while holding the car with the clutch at a super-long/slow light late at night in Brantford. When the light turned green, I casually started off in 1st, and kept rolling in 1st until they started to go faster. The end result? I kicked the kids ass by almost 5 car lengths by the time I grabbed 3rd gear at almost 100 km/hr. When they pulled up beside me at another stop light further across town, both the driver and his passenger looked disgusted that their modded Civic got spanked by an old Topaz.

That being said, I would have to say that my 98 Si is probably faster than my 01 ZX3 was. Once it's over 4K it starts to pick up speed quickly, and once the vtec crossover engages just past 5K, it gets slightly more interesting. I've had it doing between 160 and 170 in 4th on the Queensway a couple of times, and it still kept pulling too. Mind you, this is a 1.6L D16Y8 SOHC vtec equipped car with north of 205,000km's on it.
From a roll unless I'm spraying its pretty close between my zx5 with cams and bolt ons and h22s. But from a dig its not even close the lentech does work lol. But I don't really race it much since its my only car and don't want to break anything.
I actually had someone ask me if my car is a "REAL" Si. This is because it doesn't have the JDM red over clear tail lights, which they assumed all Si's have, and since mine doesn't, it must just have had the Si badge added on (which some people DO DO to lesser models sometimes).

I had to let them know that it is actually an Si-G, which means that it's fully loaded (A/C, Cruise, Tilt, PW, PL, PM, ABS, 2-way sunroof with air deflector). I also let them know that the Si came with amber tails from 96-98 (mine is a 98), and that the Si and EX are the only models with the D16Y8 vtec...all of the other models had a less powerful engine, and a lot of Si's never came with a trunklid spoiler (that would have been a dealer installed option, which mine doesn't have...which I preffer actually).
Ya it looks cleaner without the spoiler.the D16 is a solid motor.
lol tonight i had a caravan of hondas pull up on me , 4 to be exact . One newer civic pulls up like hes the leader of the 'pack' , comes right beside me and honks his horn like im gonna race him , this s**t never gets old with these kids as i just laughed it off ..... i guess all the hype about the fast and furious movie has them all out. it was horrifying so much neon... lmao , i wanna keep a bag of rice in my car so next time ill just throw rice at them haha.
That's when you brake check their ass.