FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Do HIDs loose their colour?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed the bulbs in my Mach's a few years ago... To 19k
The car has been parked for 4 years and now the hids seem to be more white?
Is it possible for them to just change on their own even with out use?
They are cheap ebay ones and have horrible cut off lines, can anyone suggest where I can get good quality bulbs?

Thanx
Well my guess would be is its just from sitting. When I run 3000k in my headlights at first they are kind of green until I have used them for a couple weeks then they are yellow.
hid bulbs in your mach hids?

hid bulbs got nothing to do with cut off lines..it depends on projector lens. upgrading to crystal clear lens give clean cut off lines.

hid bulbs lose colours when it gets old, you just need to replace them.
when hid lit pink, then hid bulbs are toast.
If your looking for good hid system , or clear lenses check out. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/store.php you can buy oem quality kits.
(05-19-2013, 12:06 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]hid bulbs in your mach hids?

hid bulbs got nothing to do with cut off lines..it depends on projector lens. upgrading to crystal clear lens give clean cut off lines.

hid bulbs lose colours when it gets old, you just need to replace them.
when hid lit pink, then hid bulbs are toast.

Yes I took my OEM D2S 4300k out and put in universal (D2S/D2R) 19000k bulbs, and yes there was a definite quality differance in the cut off line. It went from _/ _/ to _o/ _o/
of course, 19000k is not even bright and close to 4300k colour.
Any one know where I can get good quality D2S replacement bulbs?
Yea on the link I put up. They sell oem quality stuff.
awesome site thanks for sharing. has got me thinking haha

and yes over time HIDs loose thier colour
HIDs tend to lose their colour when they're on their way out. I would get ready to replace those bulbs soon. Cheap bulbs tend to burn out a tad quicker IMO.
(05-22-2013, 10:22 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]awesome site thanks for sharing. has got me thinking haha

and yes over time HIDs loose thier colour

yea easy retrofit kits are awesome. Probably the next thing I'm doing but I'm keeping my stock housing to make it seem oem.