FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fitness Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, curious.. it's now well into the new year, and I thought we may as well see how everyone is doing with their fitness plans that they started last year..

Me:

I'm down about 25 lbs since last year... and training starts in earnest for a half marathon I intend to complete in May.

Other than that, there's still some health issues I'm working through that prove to be a challenge even on medication... thankfully it's nothing serious enough to keep me from my actual physical fitness goals.

While this year is going to be a challenge career-wise due to the economic downturn, I'm hoping it's not as crazy (figuratively and literally) as last year.
I think I'm tempted to write the whole thing off as a learning exercise. (no pun intended)

That's right, the whole year. I started out great (in November 2007, really), was getting pretty ripped by January '08 and by the end of January I was pretty much the strongest I had ever been in my life.

And that's when my new g/f reminded me what a hopeless romantic I am and I fell off the wagon... hard. :lol: :P

Today, I'm about 195-200 lbs but I'm far from fit. I learned a lot from last year in the process of becoming "half-fit".

Divorces are brutal. You think the immediate impact of the breakup is bad. Wrong - the fallout is worse. The constant worrying about financials over the next 12 months made just enjoying life difficult.

So, now that pretty much everything is wrapped up and my mind is decidedly calmer, I've resolved to get back to where I was... and beyond.

I've got enough protein shake powder for a few weeks yet, I'll get some protein bars later this week and I've already started running (because my cardio is seriously crap) on my treadmill to warm up every time I work out. I split my workout between the office and the house right now (depending on the muscle groups used that day) but I'm trying to migrate the entire workout to the office. We have a kickass setup now that they replaced everything last year with modern gear.

So, if nothing else in the next 2 months I'll likely drop 10 pounds overall but I'm sure it'll be a 20 lb+ drop in fat and then packing on some more muscle. :)
All of my fitness goals were mostly accomplished in the last part of 2008. A knee injury took me out for most of the summer and when university started this fall I thought that it would be a good idea to get into shape and decided to join the triathlon club, it got me in shape really quick.

I dropped down from 195 to 185, feel pretty good I'm currently just keeping up with it and will start to gain some muscle mass to bring me up to 190.
Unfortunately I ended 2008 having to drop my leg strengthening exercises almost entirely.

I'm still doing the cardio on the eliptical and the upper body/back exercises, but the leg strengthening has been dropped due to problems it was causing my left leg, to the point where I could no longer stand up or sit down at all without assistance :ph34r:

I may add the leg strengthening back in around June but I will do so under extreme caution, last thing I need is to wreck my left leg and have a matched set of knee braces :blink:

NefCanuck
well I kept 20 lbs, off, and i'm eating better since I first started.
170lbs

but due to work outages im limited oh time to go to the gym....aka i can't go at all (96hrs/week)
230 now bulking up "beefcake 2000" style hit 250 then cut to 205ish......
i havent worked out in couple of years, but i decided to eat healthy since i was just packing in the pounds.

So i started paying attention to what i eat and my starting weight in Sept 31 2008 was 172Ibs. today Jan 14 2009 i'm at 161, my goal is 155-150 :)

this coming year i do plan on your my treadmil in the basement. its been collecting dust for about 2yrs now, i just have to get my orthodics first.