FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I think ford is bs'ing me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently took out my rear control arms and can to cut the bolts cause they were rust welded in the metal insert in the bushings. So I figured I'd go price out stock bushings to poly. Especially with the poly being a 3 week ship time. They said they you can't buy just the bushings, you need to buy the whole god damn control arm... Which they said are 214$ a peice... Anyone have any way of getting bushings ASAP?
Buying the whole control arm would save some time. You won't have to push in the bushing.
That's true but I don't have 400 some odd bucks to replace those when my arms are fine, they just need bushings pressed
So I said eff it and ordered the cfm control arm bushing kit it has the control toe and camber arm bushings all together. Because I need the car on the road I'm just going to install the contr bushings and take it somewhere to install the other ones plus a wheel bearing and maybe my front sway bar
Rock auto, 35$ or tousley ford for 69$ or so

Three days from rock auto with regular shipping too
ford isnt bs-ing you unfortunately. part source sells the arms with the bushings for 100 or so. i also need to replace both arms Sad

my local dealer quoted me 180 per arm and thats me just calling in as a random... not sure what i can get them for thru my work as we have an account at a dealer.
Yeah I'm not worrying about replacing arms, I got a bushing set on the way
horray for poly bushings Big Grin
(05-29-2013, 11:50 AM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I'm not worrying about replacing arms, I got a bushing set on the way

With the bigger rear sway bar make sure you reinforce the holes where the stabilizer links mount. The control arms are prone to snapping in half due to the bigger sway bar. I forgot to tell you that when I sold you the bars. It's not that hard to do, If I remember correctly there was a write up on Focus Fanatics.