FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: MTO f**ked Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well I was on my way to Cayuga with a buddy and we both got pulled over , they were pulling over all the cars that looked like they were going there meaning all the Hondas etc . I got 110 dollar ticket for no ebrake , they took my liscence plates and deemed the car not road worthy , had to get it towed home for $ 100. Now I have to get new Liscence plates and get the car safetied again ! He got the sand thing done to him , no ebrake ! It's fucking crazy!

MTO cops , can't believe it .

they inspected my car from top to bottom , tires , brights , signals , cat converter , four ways , exhaust , sticker on windshield , Liscence plate cover was to dark lmao
Wow everything happens for a reason. I was going to go, and my daily focus has no ebrake. Cscs isnt too pleased with mto lately. Hopefully something gets done asap
yep I was rattled earlier lmao . Oh we'll s**t happens , I was looking forward to going out to that. At least I got to keep my window sticker ! they made all the Honda kids take off there's haha. Your lucky man ! every modified car that got off of centennial parkway got pulled over.
I try and avoid those cocksuckers. I would rather see a cop then them. I would be f**ked if the looked at my car lol. Bottle hooked up in trunk , no cat, egr turned off etc lol. I drove by two of them right when they were getting out of there car , both of them just stood their and watched me. Just another way for the government to have their hands in our wallets.
That Sucks balls dude
Sorry to hear you got pulled off the road... tho ebrake is kind of a nice thing to have IMO..

let's take this as a warning folks - nobody is safe, so best make sure your car will pass inspection. We may not all agree on the rules, but that doesn't necessarily exclude us. If they had a few checkpoints that couldn't pull a single car off the road for any reason, we'd eventually be free of the harassment.
Like your old blue focus would have passed inspection with that ball of wires under the hood. More like pointing and laughing.
(06-03-2013, 11:13 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear you got pulled off the road... tho ebrake is kind of a nice thing to have IMO..

let's take this as a warning folks - nobody is safe, so best make sure your car will pass inspection. We may not all agree on the rules, but that doesn't necessarily exclude us. If they had a few checkpoints that couldn't pull a single car off the road for any reason, we'd eventually be free of the harassment.
apparently my Liscence plate cover is illegal also lmao! I have had multiple cops pull behind me at night and they haven't given me a problem whatsoever. Talked to x copper and apparently the Mto cops have to have a mechanic on scene . There was no mechanic there to my knowledge . Ill kept you guys updated. Worst part is my buddies e brake is working and apparently he never pulled it up high enough LMAO !
(06-03-2013, 05:33 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]well I was on my way to Cayuga with a buddy and we both got pulled over , they were pulling over all the cars that looked like they were going there meaning all the Hondas etc . I got 110 dollar ticket for no ebrake , they took my liscence plates and deemed the car not road worthy , had to get it towed home for $ 100. Now I have to get new Liscence plates and get the car safetied again ! He got the sand thing done to him , no ebrake ! It's fucking crazy!

MTO cops , can't believe it .

they inspected my car from top to bottom , tires , brights , signals , cat converter , four ways , exhaust , sticker on windshield , Liscence plate cover was to dark lmao

You sure your bashing the right department? If you were pulled over getting off the highway that was most likely the Ministry of Environment Officer and Hamilton Police. I had a buddy with a EVO get pulled over $350 in fines but they didn't deem anything un-safe.
Anything I did to that car was always 100% safe and legal... and I didn't do that ball of wire.

As long as there was a fuse and relay leading to the ball it probably would have likely passed.

(06-04-2013, 03:29 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Like your old blue focus would have passed inspection with that ball of wires under the hood. More like pointing and laughing.
i was at the show almost half the peole at the show got a ticket or pulled over that came up threw centenial from stoney creek... we passed one right out side of the racetrack thet had a honda pulled over. i took the saturn so we didnt get stopped. EXTREMLY glad i did not have the focus or it would have been towed for sure

i will no longer be going to CSCS with the focus unless its on a trailer

the cops and mto and eviroment canada are all trying to stop street racing and stunting and such and tell us to "take it to the track" and we still get in s**t for it. we will never win
i went to CSCS the first time, seen a few cars pulled over by MTO.

maybe its just me but if you know your car won't pass inspection, why complain if you get caught? i doubt anything will be done about it either its not like there is a shortage if people attending, finding parking in the middle of the day was next to impossible.
(06-04-2013, 12:31 PM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]i went to CSCS the first time, seen a few cars pulled over by MTO.

maybe its just me but if you know your car won't pass inspection, why complain if you get caught? i doubt anything will be done about it either its not like there is a shortage if people attending, finding parking in the middle of the day was next to impossible.

I actually didn't think missing the ebrake on an automatic was a huge deal , so I didn't know that they would go to the extent of taking off the plates. It's a bit ridiculous if you ask me .
Emergency Equipment, Emissions Equipment removed/disabled/not working on vehicles. IMHO should be taken off the road. I have ZERO issue with this, if a car has no Catalytic while it had one from the factory, take it off the road. No Airbags on a car that should have them, same deal.

Unfortunately they target people going to have some "legal" fun with their cars. But its low hanging fruit, they will catch a higher % there than say setting up camp @ Young/Eglington. You feel targeted....you were targeted.

From any of my vehicles emergency equipment was always working 100%, especially track days.
Why do I need emissions control on my vehicle? Because I live in that certain part of Ontario that requires its? What's the difference between here and certain places that require it? Its the same province. Also I am willing to bet even with it all gone my car,is still better for the environment than a motorcycle or cars from the 90s.
(06-05-2013, 03:51 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do I need emissions control on my vehicle? Because I live in that certain part of Ontario that requires its? What's the difference between here and certain places that require it? Its the same province. Also I am willing to bet even with it all gone my car,is still better for the environment than a motorcycle or cars from the 90s.

It's for exactly the reason that you live in an area that requires it. It's not a matter about who's car is dirtier than who else's car, but a matter of ensuring that the entire unwashed masses have environmental equipment on their cars.

Unfortunately, it's not about you or me specifically, but about everyone in general, and that's why.

I, myself am fine with emissions controls... Sure it may have some benefit in terms of power, but a properly tuned engine will be just fine with emissions and safety equipment intact.

We can't just turn a blind eye to laws we don't wish to obey... that's kinda how society works -- except in Cuba.. you can do ANYTHING in Cuba.
(06-05-2013, 03:51 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]All gone my car,is still better for the environment than a motorcycle or cars from the 90s.

I dunno.. I run low 12's and get 50+mpg, with a catalytic converter on my bike. Its only a matter of time before they begin emissions testing for motorcycles. Then your gonna hear some B#$#$%es whine...
I can't wait for motorcycles to move over to catalytic converters and 4 stroke. It's gonna drive bikers nuts, but it's loooooong overdue!
i have a cat on my car. but they will probably get me for other crap lol
only thing i did was take EGR out
well my car just passed emissions so hopefully it will pass the safety. If all goes well I should have my car back tmo ! fingers crosses Smile! - emissions was due this month so getting them done both at once.
Pages: 1 2